Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

It's funny how you remember some numbers..My 1st bike reg was WJ6363..That was 50 years ago....I know several ex Army vets who remember their Army numbers from the 2nd world war.

I am an example of this... My first bike number was SMK 729 and my army number was 22627842!

Good on yer Arthur, tell us some of the bikes you had.
Hi Cat after the sunbeam,norton 500,ariel4sq, bsa 250 sold this to get spliced, 1928 raliegh which I have quoted in the other thread on bike shops, 1938bsa 1000 twin with sidebox for work then cars,vans lorriesin the 40ties all scrappers thats all one could get in those days, as Ive said on my 37th vehicle a Laguna, probably my last, just had a medical here in France they have given me 2yrs, Cheers Arthur.

Good on yer Arthur, tell us some of the bikes you had.
see answer end or thread

first road bike was a Suzuki TS100, then a GSX250 onto a GS500 a Kawasaki KH750 GS1000 GPZ750 and a GSXR750. loads of off road bikes in between including a few speedway bikes. but right now a Royal Enfield Bullet 500

First bike was a BSA C15 bought from the scrap yard side of darnall dog track grand sum of £5

As i have only recently passed my test,this IS my first bike,lol...GSX600F and i absolutly love it!:love:

2005 honda fireblade 5 days after i passe my bike test in may 2005

Dropped it so many times the dealer still has it unable to get anyone to buy it

My brother and I bought our first motor bike for 9 shillings and sixpence The bloke wanted 10 bob for it, It was a flat tank Royal Enfield, Belt drive,with the gear change like a starting handle on the tank side We had some fun with that bike Did'nt know what tax and Insurance was I was ten years old,my big brother was about 14 years Happy days After that we had them all Rudge whitworth, Rudge Rapid,and Rudge Ulster, New Hudson,AJS Porcupine Triumph Tiger 80, and Tiger 90 and so on As I said,happy days

1927 New Imperial 200cc with tank mounted gear change and hand pumped oil, in 1955. Actually, my true first bike was a sit up and beg ralleigh fitted with a minimotor. it was 50cc and did 180 miles per gallon although the tank capacity was only a half gallon. it cost me £5 and the tax was 17/6 and insurance was 12/6. I went to school on it for the best part of a year before moving up to the New Imperial.

Mike

Have just noticed that I have already posted on this. Put it down to old age!! :loopy:

Hi All

A Garelli Concord Bimatic, 50cc two stroke with a 2 speed auto box. Interesting to say the least!

Regards

DD

My brother and I bought our first motor bike for 9 shillings and sixpence The bloke wanted 10 bob for it, It was a flat tank Royal Enfield, Belt drive,with the gear change like a starting handle on the tank side We had some fun with that bike Did'nt know what tax and Insurance was I was ten years old,my big brother was about 14 years Happy days After that we had them all Rudge whitworth, Rudge Rapid,and Rudge Ulster, New Hudson,AJS Porcupine Triumph Tiger 80, and Tiger 90 and so on As I said,happy days

How did you manage to aquire an AJS porcupine? Was the head cast in silver?

It was an LE Velocette, 1952 Mark 2 ex-police, YWB 604 bought for £10 in 1967. Flat twin, hand start, hand change, water-cooled, shaft drive - somewhat unconventional. Not very fast but reliable enough for about 4,000 miles until one night when a big end went on West Bar. It got me home on the other cylinder, though...