Story: 'Now we go back to 1964.'

Hi everybody,

I have just got my password, and so can have a read and possibly comment, not that I’m qualified to comment.

At this moment I have very little to offer regarding stories, but I will get my head down and see if I can conjure up some creative inspiration.

The only thing on offer at the moment is some excerpts from my school day memories, which some of you may have already had a read, as I have posted some on SF, looking for some constructive criticism.

Anyway have a butcher’s and tell me the worst.

Now we go back to 1964.

There is more on my home page, if you are so inclined.

Thanks

Mick

Excellent stuff!

You just blew half of us right out of the water with that story. Im looking forward to readng more from you!

Im going to enjoy your website too, a quick skim through it was fascinating and I agree about everybody wtiting a book of their life. Most of the stuff I write here is about that.

Hi Coyleys,

Well, I’ve had a butchers at your story and I thought it was really good, a nice warm nostalgic tale told at the right pace with just the right amount of humour. Well done sir!

Also 10 extra credits for mentioning Henderson’s Relish – that always goes down well on the forum. :)

I’ve also had a brief foray onto your website, the “Friday the 13th in Africa” clip had me in stitches, when I have more time I’ll definitely make a return visit.

Please keep posting you stories on here – I’m already looking forward to your next one.

Hiya coyleys, and welcome to the Group.

I've just had a quick glance at your first contribution and will read it in full later today. :thumbsup:

Like Jabberwocky, I had a peep at your website some days ago ( at the point you requested a password.......Oops! :o you didn't know that did you? :hihi:) and although it was only a quick glance, I was very impressed with it. I expect to give it a good lookover during the coming week! :)

Well coyleys, as promised, I've read it. And I love it.

You capture the life and times within a family to a tee. And we can tell your one of us too.....a reight gud Northern family tha's got! :hihi:

Not had chance to look yet but looking forward to reading it soon!:)

Loved it.Reminded me of Jabberwockys style. Seems very much a 60s story,so I enjoyed that. We look forward to more.:thumbsup:

Loved it.Reminded me of Jabberwockys style. Seems very much a 60s story,so I enjoyed that. We look forward to more.:thumbsup:

He's too good for me and you pattricia, in't he? :hihi:

He's too good for me and you pattricia, in't he? :hihi:

Ah, yes, the writing just seems to flow(wish it did with me) See you got your old Avatar back! :thumbsup:

My favourite bit was the reference to the Irish goldfish! Very cleverly understated...nice touch!

The story certainly seems to prove the adage that some of the best writing is about subjects the writer has personally experienced.