Sheffield Biker and SF user dies in bike crash 24/10/06

In fact, sod the fact we are justifying the actions. Lets thing how this poster would feel if it was their husband/wife/child/relative!

My friend lost her husband last year in an RTC because he was driving too fast in a car. Way too fast. We've all done it and got home safe .....

He didn't .... does that make him a bad person - No! It makes him a careless person who lost his life and left a barrage of grief behind him. Doesn't make him bad.

I thing your comments are crass and un-called for.

We've all dashed over the road as pedestrians between fast moving traffic. We've all a drivers driven too fast at one point or another.

I am offended by your remarks, I bet you exceed the speed limit at least one a week and still make it home for your pie and mash. This poor lad didn't, if it was speed, stupidity or road conditions is no factor here. This is now a family without their boy.

RIP Shaw. Sleep and Play Well.

Thankyou for all your thoughts. For those who knew him i need no words, for those who didn't thankyou for taking the time. We appreciate ALL comments.

Our hearts are broken.

Trevor's (Shaw) mum and dad

what can I possibly say to you, and to Trevor's other loved ones, but (((((hugs))))))

?

My family are still raw about the loss of my uncle, some years ago in similar circumstances, so, just, well,

(((((hugs and sympathies)))))

OK people....just leave out the arguing please. Medusa answered quite appropriately - let's not get in to an argument.

Thanks.

I lost my Auntie last year in a really stupid accident which robbed her of an aging life. I won't post details as her son lives in Sheffield and may read this but I think that death should be treated with respect, whoever and whatever their circumstances.

Not wanting to jump to any conclusions as i have no idea how this accident happened, but when it says he failed to negotiate a left hand bend and the bike flew into the path of on coming traffic & no other vehicles where involved in the crash. Its does make me wonder if speed was a major factor in a accident like this.

Some of you may think im out of order for posting this, but it had to be said.

Wrong. The place where he crashed is a notorious blind bend. It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference whether or not any oncoming traffic was there.

Another problem is the road surface. As soon as Manchester Road turns to 60mph, the tarmac is different - it's much smoother hence it's much more difficult to brake.

Most of my friends are bikers, I'm a triker and I can only say how sad this is. I've lost many a friend to the road; no matter how safe a biker you are, or even a driver of another vehicle, you will never know what's going to take you from this world. Bikers and drivers take chances every time they start up their engines, but with the freedom of the road in your heart and rock and roll in your soul you keep on going.

My thoughts are with the family.

Some of you may think im out of order for posting this, but it had to be said.

Not on here it didn't, keep your insensitive comments to yourself please

Oi!

Can we leave it, please? I've asked for their to be a little respect on here. let's just walk away from the cause and remember the person and his loved ones and friends who're reading this.

Thank you.

Alot of you seem to think that finding an answer or cause for what has happened matters? When in fact what really matters is it just shows us how little time we may in fact have left to spend on this beautiful planet of ours. shaw lived for today and was at his happiest when out in the sunshine on his yamaha,

I would like to just ask now that this thread is closed so we can all get on. Thanks for all the kind words and sympathy, it does means alot.

Anthony