Way in to Social Work

I am new to this forum. I am a graduate in computer applications. I have completed my graduation 2 years before. I am interested to work in a good firm.

Could any body help me to get in to a better firm.

========================

davisMassachusetts Treatment Centers

the first step is enter the society!!!!!

Hi, Can anyone advise me on ways to get in to social work. I have just graduated - but my degree is in English Lit - (We don't always know what we want to do with out lives when we make our degree choices!) Anyway, I have been mentoring a teenager in care who has learning difficulties for the past 6 months on a voluntary basis, and I would really like a career in Social Work.

What are my options? Obviously I have left Uni with the usual debt and ideally would like to train or do a second degree whilst working - is this possible? I have been getting a lot of conflicting information. Any sound advice would be much appreciated.

if you are serious about doing social work I would suggest you worked at something related / did vol work, a good option might be to apply for a teaching assistant in a school or some otehr way of working with young people.

If you think you want to work with adults a job in a care home/day centre wouldn't be a bad idea - then apply for the MA.

:)

Its appalling that social work has no other route other than 3 year degree of 2 year postgrad unlike teaching that has the GTP and PGCE options you will get your fees paid and a 6k bursary but I think the rules have changed so check it out. Working for a year 's in a relevant area or voluntary work will certainly help you get on the course. . Quite often a local authority take students on in their second year - pay them trainee rates to work for them for 2 years. It is not difficult to get a job once you are qualified but bear it in mind the money is not good for a lot of responsibility . I don't regret doing social work but I wish I could have earned a bit more. Compared to teaching the salaries are pretty dreadful - whereas 20 years ago they were similiar. Good Luck

What area of social work? If you know what group you want to work with I may be able to suggest some options.