Cheap PCs in Sheffield

hi just wondering if you have sorted your pc out yet?

Thanks for all your replies, No not got one sorted yet, didnt really want to pay a right lot maybe 100 poundish, its just for my young daughter to go on internet, homework ect. If anyones got one for sale an could get back in touch that would be great, thanks Rachel:)

Albany Computers at Kimberworth Rotherham have just started selling used computers on the run up to XMas : They have some nice Compaq machines with DVD etc but not sure on price :(

Worth A try :)

At the risk of starting a riot, I'm going to cite PC World as a good place to get decent entry level Internet ready PCs.

First person who calls me a numpty or anything even remotely offensive gets reported to the Mods... So be warned.

:cool: Hey everyone to their own, I have had some good stuff from PC World and back when it was the only place to go they were the best. However just like computers things change as is so with PC World. Cheap PC's yes ! don't fall for the extra cover .. not cheap. :D

Max

At the risk of starting a riot, I'm going to cite PC World as a good place to get decent entry level Internet ready PCs.

First person who calls me a numpty or anything even remotely offensive gets reported to the Mods... So be warned.

But the OP has mentioned a figure of around £100, - can you show us a machine on PC World's web site available for this amount ?

And you forgot the :rant:

:D

I wouldnt advise shopping at PC world, i have had a few problems with their customer service and various faults with a computer i bought from them, only a numpty would shop there ;)

Aladdins Cave, Middlewood rd

Dave..

All olde worlde PCs though (and quite expensive too):(.

I'd suggest to anyone, before thinking of "Pissy Whirled" to read this thread before visiting the "World Of Cretins":D.

rach73: You could always try looking on the "For Sale" pages on SheffieldForum. I've bought a few items from users on here, and all have been very good (both in price & products):thumbsup:

rach73: You could always try looking on the "For Sale" pages on SheffieldForum. I've bought a few items from users on here, and all have been very good (both in price & products):thumbsup:

And a post in the 'Wanted' section might get a result.

PC World are overpriced rip off merchants, who know bugger all about the products they try and sell you an extended warranty on that's not worth the paper its written on. Everyone but the numptiest of numptys would know that.

Beware that you get a "genuine" copy of Windows with the PC.

I got caught out with that and now my PC displays a counterfeit Windows warning everytime I boot up.

Have checked with Albany Computers and they all come with windows 2000 Licence and are internet ready ;) They have about 20 Compaq Computers and are priced around the £100 mark. Hope this helps in your search :)