1st Home Advice Please

Hi!

I will be moving into my 1st property (rented) in 2 weeks time, and i was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice, it would be much appreciated! :help::D

Thanks

Al

-x-

get th'self a hammer, screwdrivers, tape measure, pliers, a couple of spare light bulbs, some batteries, and a camera with which to take photos of everything before you move in so that if your landlord tries to say you've damaged anything when you move out you can prove whether you did or not.

do a really good inventory of the property when you move in. Add anything you are not satisfied with like marks on the walls etc. This is equivalent to gold when it comes to getting your bond back at the end of the tenancy!

even better - do the inventory with you landlord - agree it and both keep a copy, dont forget to take the meter readings together also.

Put a spare key under the doormat and another one on a piece of string in the letterbox.

Where is it your moving too??

:suspect:

:hihi:

Into the Strata flats on the bottom of Woodseats road.

Thank you to you all for your help too!

:rolleyes:

Please ignore all my previous advise!!

Keep your door locked, even when your in, and don't leave keys in the door.

don't leave candles unatended and don't smoke in bed!!

Be warned....I live at another Strata development in the region and the residents at this site are planning to take legal action against Strata.

I won't go into details, but as soon as all the plots are sold they will be off the site like a shot, whether the site is finished to a good standard or not.

At over 150,000 per plto you'd expect a bit better.....

If I could turn the clock back, I wouldn't go near a Strata home with a bargepole. They refuse to respond to letters (and they have had a lot from different people here) and their conduct is nothing short of scandalous. :rant:

I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences.

Thanks for that. Well i know that the residents have tried to put a petition up against it, but it failed as more people were for them, than against them. To be honest its people nit picking with any reason not to have them there, there was a thread about it on here. The area where the flats have been built was just a bit of land, that looked a mess before, i really cant see peoples problems.