Are you interested in starting a cooking and recipe group?

Would you use a Food Group on Sheffield Forum?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Food Group on Sheffield Forum?

• Yes
    • No

I would love to be involved in a food/ recipy group. is it going to happen?

:) hi we have lot's of forum's for all kinds of topics. Just wondering if anybody would like to start up a recipes site.

The site could be for anything relating to food and drink and we could advise on making meals and even exchanging recipes.

What do you think.

It's an excellent idea. I know the idea of a food/recipe group was suggested to Geoff/admin a few weeks ago. There was quite a lot of interest in it too, as I recall :) .

Helen, that sounds awesome!

Here goes....

1 tin beans, 2 slices of bread.

1 toaster

Butter or marge

Method

Empty tin of beans into saucepan and place on the hob on a medium heat. Place 2 slices of bread (brown or white) into toaster and turn on. Stir beans gently until hot (do not allow to boil). When bread has turned to toast, spread liberally with butter or marge. Cut into triangles or rectangles. Place around edge of plate and pour beans into centre of plate. Top off with a splash of locally sourced Hendersons Relish, for a lavish traditional British favourite.

I suggested a recipe/food thread (about 8 months ago), but the Admin guys got concerned as it was not related to Sheffield. I knew it would be a success too! I'd be happy to co-manage with anyone else (as dare I say it.... I suggested it 1st). But I'm not bitter.

:) I don't see why it should be an issue:confused: lots of people have recipes that have been handed down to them by familys. It would really be ssoooooo good to start do you think we should start creeping to the mods?:bigsmile:

Here goes....

1 toaster

Butter or marge

Method

Empty tin of beans into saucepan and place on the hob on a medium heat. Place 2 slices of bread (brown or white) into toaster and turn on. Stir beans gently until hot (do not allow to boil). When bread has turned to toast, spread liberally with butter or marge. Cut into triangles or rectangles. Place around edge of plate and pour beans into centre of plate. Top off with a splash of locally sourced Hendersons Relish, for a lavish traditional British favourite.

I suggested a recipe/food thread (about 8 months ago), but the Admin guys got concerned as it was not related to Sheffield. I knew it would be a success too! I'd be happy to co-manage with anyone else (as dare I say it.... I suggested it 1st). But I'm not bitter.

Here is a recipe my Swiss nan did for Hazlenut Cake :)

http://www.seniority.co.uk/contributions/homeandhobbies/foodanddrink/index.php?ArticleID=foodanddrink_1033553459

[scroll down the page a bit to the text]

Mmmmmmmmm :P

Jesus wept, recipes are one thing but you take a real shine to yourself dont you jissom. is that a mirror for your avatar! David Copperfield look out, with a mirror of course.

:) So I was thinking if we did some creeping to the mods( could I have a small bit part with you and anyone else that wants to help run the site ) We could ask for a trial run to see how it goes.:)

Here goes....

1 toaster

Butter or marge

Method

:) So I was thinking if we did some creeping to the mods( could I have a small bit part with you and anyone else that wants to help run the site ) We could ask for a trial run to see how it goes.:)

good idea helen!

mods? input at this juncture? we love you.

:D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :headbang::banana: :banana: :clap:

good idea helen!

mods? input at this juncture? we love you.

pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse could you dear mods let us have a trial run pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse