Are you interested in starting a cooking and recipe group?

Would you use a Food Group on Sheffield Forum?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Food Group on Sheffield Forum?

• Yes
    • No

Several people have asked for recipes recently for various things, so I wondered what the interest level would be for such a group.

I imagine subsections such as:

Meat

Fish

Vegetarian

Vegan

Food Intolerances (i.e. wheat/dairy/gluten-free etc)

Kosher

Ethnic

Unusal (? mebbe?)

Desserts (please no vegetarian desserts: who ever heard of bacon sorbet?)

People could include what particular dishes are good for if they have specific health-related benefits, such as low-acid or whatever.

What do y'all think?

I quite like the sound of that lizzmobile, I'm sure there are plenty of keen cooks on the forum who could share their knowledge and experience - and plenty of less experienced people who might like to learn from them.

It might be handy too, for that 'what on earth can I make for tea this evening' feeling that strikes from time to time...

veggie desserts is an important section - given the setting agent used in far too many otherwise 'safe' desserts ;)

PS - I voted 'yes' :thumbsup:

Hmm, good point Strix re veggie desserts, but Rose Elliott in Guardian Weekend has twice presented recipes that were not in that category. Rhubarb crumble...? I can however understand vegan desserts.

There could be a section for recommendations of our favourite ready-meals... No, only teasing :) . I voted yes. I need all the inspiration and advice I can get when it comes to cooking.

I know :D , I thought of you when I was posting it!

I remembered a post from a thread entitled "What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done" and you said you'd eaten some of your own cooking :hihi: I thought you needed saving! ;)

But, whats it got to do with Sheffield?

'Cos Sheffield people... eat?

And 'cos the website is the Sheffield Forum?

And the section is called Sheffield Groups?

And you can access it from Istanbul if you want to ...

I'd find it very useful as I'm on a tight budget and often lose inspiration and end up having the same things week after week... New ideas and recipe's would be ace :thumbsup:

yes! resoundingly, I am a fan of food , as anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting me will attest to, and I love to cook, and to try new things, bravo lizz!

:clap:

I'm currently expanding my repetoire of dishes and am always on the lookout for new ideas. Would also be good for spreading the word about things like how to make the best pasta sauce in the world and why you shouldn't salt your Aubergines etc.

Hah! Yes, a budget section would be good Minx, and tips like the aubergine thing too. Great idea taxman!