Abourthorne - What is it like?

Is Abourthorne as rough as its made out to be?

I think its no worse than anywhere else but do YOU think?

by the way i live at the posh end of Parson Cross (not posh enough for t020 though!!!)

Originally posted by foxy27

Is Abourthorne as rough as its made out to be?

I think its no worse than anywhere else but do YOU think?

by the way i live at the posh end of Parson Cross (not posh enough for t020 though!!!)

my parents moved us onto the "Arbour" when i was fifteen. The councl were demolishing the old terraced houses we lived in off london road.

back then, it wasn't horrendous bad at all, but it did, like almost every district, have its pockets of trouble spots.

These days it *is* a bit worse, though i'd live on the arbour before i'd live on the 'cross (having lived there when i first left home)

I moved back onto the Arbour for the third time, in 99, and i was on a fairly quiet close, where the immediate neighbours were good. I only moved out of that house becuse the council refused to adapt it in the way i needed for my wheelchair. I was near to family, friends, facilities, bus and tram, and I did not want to move.

I like it here, where I am now, because the house is adapted, but as much as I like the house, and as much as I like the district, I would have preferred to have remained where I was, and not have had the hassle of a house-move.

however!

there are a few problems by the playing fields, with the "joy" riders on cars and bikes.

there are some parts of the district that are like beirut (eg off daresbury, near the maisonettes that have been demolished) but there are some parts that are really quiet, and nice.

where I was, really, it was not too bad, we had the occasional idiot driving their motorbikes along teh alleys between the properties, but it was ok.

Our car was broken into four times in 18 months, but for that I lay the blame 100% with the council, who permitted the contractors and the works departments to put a shedload of those stupid, huge storage container-things on the green in front of our homes, which completely prevented us from being able to keep an eye on our vehicles, and gave the little baskits free rein to break into our car unobserved and undisturbed.

PT

Guest oldgreen

My Mrs is from arbourthorne, grown up to be good person..mind you she doesnt half pack a punch if you anger her !!!!

my mate used to live in abourthorne. its not as bad as u expect!. as with every other place there are always spoilers but generally its nice