Torchwood - BBC 3 - Sci-Fi For Adults!

The sex thang is a fairly standard reworking of the succubus myth. I actually thought the string of tittilating adverts was quite well done - sort of evoking the thoughts of an addict only after one thing which seems to be all around them but out of reach.

From a purely 'eye candy' point of view though I was a bit annoyed with them for killing off Indira Varma quite so soon though!

I thought it was okay. Liked the references to the previous Dr Who series ie cybermen etc. :P Putting in little references to link the two together.

I must admit the sex episode was a little bit OTT and not really necessary. I watched it with my son who immediately said "oh episode two and they have already used a succubus to get everyone on their toes." He wasnt too impressed and thought it a little cheap :rolleyes:

Looking forward to finding out more about Captain Jack and why he cant die though. :thumbsup:

(he learned about sucubbus from a previous episode of charmed which was more tastefully done and didnt offend younger viewers)

Looking forward to finding out more about Captain Jack and why he cant die though. :thumbsup:

I'm assuming this from when he died and Rose ressurected him - thats certainly the impression I got from what he was saying?

I'm assuming this from when he died and Rose ressurected him - thats certainly the impression I got from what he was saying?

Yeah but thousands died and were ressurected. Millions in fact, not just people on the space station but people all over earth. I wonder if theyre unable to die too...

Reminds me of Captain scarlet, i wonder if the mysterons will make an appearance.

This Goose quite liked "Torchwood" - but I thought the pilot was better than the 2nd episode

Doesn't make me Honk like the new fangled Battlestar Gallactica does tho :)

I thought it shows potential and will be sticking with it.

Hope they don't try and link them too much to each other. The beauty of programmes like Doctor Who is that you can come in half way through the series or miss one and you don't feel you've missed out too much - I can't stand programmes where they don't finish a story line in one or two goes, as I often miss them or get to watch them in the wrong order. This is why I've never got into 'Lost'.

I took a phone call and so missed why the female character had died - something to do with the glove??

Second episode I enjoyed, and, yes, it's probably the doctor's hand. Think that parents will have to view and then decide for themselves if they think it suitable for their children to watch depending on their age. Perhaps not the second one though - I doubt she practised safe sex!

Im normally not into science fiction, but this had sex in it so I was fascinated.

I enjoyed it but i was expecting Dr who without the doctor. I got the shock of my life.

Yeah thats the same as me Jabbers, im not too keen on Doctor Who to be honest but since my boyfriend so wanted to watch Torchwood i decided i was going to sit down and concentrate to watch it all, and i enjoyed it very much.

I thought it was okay. Liked the references to the previous Dr Who series ie cybermen etc. :P Putting in little references to link the two together.

I must admit the sex episode was a little bit OTT and not really necessary. I watched it with my son who immediately said "oh episode two and they have already used a succubus to get everyone on their toes." He wasnt too impressed and thought it a little cheap :rolleyes:

(he learned about sucubbus from a previous episode of charmed which was more tastefully done and didnt offend younger viewers)

He can't die since he was resurrected by Rose in Season 1 of Doctor Who after being shot by the Dalek.

He can't die since he was resurrected by Rose in Season 1 of Doctor Who after being shot by the Dalek.

Yeah but thousands died and were ressurected. I wonder if theyre the same as him.

I thought it was brave killing off the person they killed off, considering all the pre-publicity with her in it and stuff. She shot herself, Edna.

I thought the sex stuff in ep2 was a bit like when Hollyoaks goes late night ('oh look, we can do sex and swearing and stuff') - slightly silyl and hardly neccessary. But otherwise, really enjoyed it.

Yes, the hand is the doctor's form the Christmas episode.

I thought it was brave killing off the person they killed off, considering all the pre-publicity with her in it and stuff. She shot herself, Edna.

:thumbsup: Cheers Rad... why would she go and do a silly thing like that?

Think that parents will have to view and then decide for themselves if they think it suitable for their children to watch depending on their age.

Unless they bleap out the unnecessary swear words and edit out some of the more graphic scenes (i:e the blowing the brains out and sex scenes) then it won't really be suitable for kids younger than 15.

The fact that this program is a spin off from Doctor Who, which is a family entertainment design for kids and adults alike, then many kids will be want to see it and a fair few WILL get to see it one way or another with or without their parents' consent.

I think the makers of Torchwood were a little irresponsible with associating the series so closely to Doctor Who.

I'd be very suprised if the BBC didn't take quite a bit of flack from concerned parents. An adult Sci Fi series is fine but it should have been a seperate entity with no association with Dr.Who at all.:huh: