Torchwood - BBC 3 - Sci-Fi For Adults!

i've got to add to the geek factor here, gwen is actually the maid from the doctor who episode with simon callow as charles dickens in

i've got to add to the geek factor here, gwen is actually the maid from the doctor who episode with simon callow as charles dickens in

Thats a golden 'helicopter beanie' observation in my books - I'm in geeky awe now ;)

I loved the line in the second episode uttered by Captain Jack "HE CAME AND WENT" brilliant .................. it makes me want to visit Cardiff

Yeah but thousands died and were ressurected. I wonder if theyre the same as him.

it could be when he had the 'space ambulance' he's got the nanites inside him they would keep him alive i suppose

I loved it and I'm going to be trying to remember to watch the next one. I forget tv quite often but it;s worth remembering.

I didn't like Dr Who very much, hated the idea of Billie Piper and rejected the whole thing despite watching lots of the original series'.

Big difference and much appreciated in our house, better than Bobbin Hood anyway!

Thought it was OK. Will give it another go.

It was a bit formulaic and the casting wasn't up to much but we'll see how it develops.

Dr Who minus the doctor plus shagging plus an f-word = torchwood

The fact that this program is a spin off from Doctor Who, which is a family entertainment design for kids and adults alike, then many kids will be want to see it and a fair few WILL get to see it one way or another with or without their parents' consent.

I think the makers of Torchwood were a little irresponsible with associating the series so closely to Doctor Who.

I'd be very suprised if the BBC didn't take quite a bit of flack from concerned parents. An adult Sci Fi series is fine but it should have been a seperate entity with no association with Dr.Who at all.:huh:

The same could be said for the late night episodes of Hollyoaks. And didn't Brookside do something similar once?

i saw it for the first time tonite and thought it was rubbish. good actors but ridiculous storyline!

Is it just me but does 'Jack Harkness' bear a resemblance to a young Tom Cruise?

I thought it was ok but a few too many different strands made it a bit busy for me ... low attention threshold!!:hihi:

Is it just me but does 'Jack Harkness' bear a resemblance to a young Tom Cruise?

I thought it was ok but a few too many different strands made it a bit busy for me ... low attention threshold!!:hihi:

if you want to see john barrowman he is in the new version of the producers singing springtime for hitler complete with blonde hair and blue eyes

but for me the lovely uma thurman is worth watching the movie all by itself

Caught the first two episodes last night. It was Ok, a bit like Dr Who for adults without the Dr.

Did the BBC steal the prison cells from another Dr? that being Hanibal Lecture

Felt compelled to add to this thread for a few reasons.....

First, I agree with other posters that the hand Jack was protecting might very well be the hand of the doctor.

Also, people are wondering about why Jack cannot die, well, if you watch that episode where the Daleks take over the station, you will notice that Rose only brings Jack back, not the other people on the station, don't ask me why she singled Jack out for this, but, it's just the way it is, so, therefore, he cannot die, which is why he says that he needs to find the right kind of Doctor to ask why it happened.

Hats off to the person who mentioned that the perception square could be the place the TARDIS landed, very possibly, might have to check that out.

Oh, and yeah, I also thought of the connection with Hannibal Lecter, very simmilar, I was half expecting the weevle to stand up and say "and I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice cianti, f-f-f-f-f".

Anyways, I am really enjoying Torchwood, I don't care about gratuitous sex or swearing, as long as I can sit back, relax and enjoy a really good story, then, I am happy.