Torchwood - BBC 3 - Sci-Fi For Adults!

Did anyone else catch this tonight? I thought it was great, good plots, great acting and definately not for the kids (on account of the adult content).

Nice one BBC!

Just watched the first two episodes on BBC3. The first was a bit slow, and more a getting to know you type thing. The second episode was better, but still a bit slow. Quite adult, so I don't suppose it'll be shown at 7 p.m. on a Saturday evening on BBC1, somehow.

I also really enjoyed it, lots of mystery about Cap'n Jack, and is it just me or is the hand he's so protective of the Dr's ( from the xmas one last year ) sorry for being nerdy there!!

Looking forward to next week :thumbsup:

Just watched the first two episodes on BBC3. The first was a bit slow, and more a getting to know you type thing. The second episode was better, but still a bit slow. Quite adult, so I don't suppose it'll be shown at 7 p.m. on a Saturday evening on BBC1, somehow.

Can't get BBC3 so maybe will never get to see it ... Torchwood, an anagram of Doctor Who? :)

Can't get BBC3 so maybe will never get to see it ... Torchwood, an anagram of Doctor Who? :)

Indeed it is :P

I also really enjoyed it, lots of mystery about Cap'n Jack, and is it just me or is the hand he's so protective of the Dr's ( from the xmas one last year ) sorry for being nerdy there!!

Looking forward to next week :thumbsup:

Hey well spotted on the hand thing, never thought of that. That female copper is very easy on the eye and she was distracting me. Maybe we should get some of that spray the guy had in Episode One for SlimSid to take round the Sheffield clubs!

We've been watching Dr Who, but could someone please enlighten us on the hand thing?

We watched both episodes of Torchwood tonight and quite enjoyed it

We've been watching Dr Who, but could someone please enlighten us on the hand thing?

We watched both episodes of Torchwood tonight and quite enjoyed it

In the Xmas episode from last year, the Doctor has his hand chopped off which regenerated. This could be that hand.

Im normally not into science fiction, but this had sex in it so I was fascinated.

I enjoyed it but i was expecting Dr who without the doctor. I got the shock of my life.

The second episode was just gratuitous, to be honest.

Interesting ideas, though, and it will be interesting to see what they do with it. A bit sloppy in places, but an OK 'first outing'.

Gratuitous? It was hardly XXX rated, and it is meant for adults and after the watershed, so I don't see what the problem is?

That... area where the lift reaches ground level... the area where you cant be seen... was that where the tardis landed and the chameleon thing affected the ground there?