Incident on Glossop road, friday night at around 8.00pm

Hi there

Some idiot randomly hit me in the face as I was walking from the university tram stop to Broomhill Tavern.He was with his mates, who had just stopped him to beat up an old homeless guy..and to be fair he was a lot nastier to the poor man than to me, anyone knows anymore about that?

Obviously I can't get the guy arrested but I wish I could, I can't believe people who beat up an old man and then hit a woman for no reason can walk freely just because there's no blood involved...

I can't believe that! Did his mates say anything? Were you hurt? Was this guy drunk or something?

Hi there

Some idiot randomly hit me in the face as I was walking from the university tram stop to Broomhill Tavern.He was with his mates, who had just stopped him to beat up an old homeless guy..and to be fair he was a lot nastier to the poor man than to me, anyone knows anymore about that?

Obviously I can't get the guy arrested but I wish I could, I can't believe people who beat up an old man and then hit a woman for no reason can walk freely just because there's no blood involved...

Probably another gang of hooligans who have no where to go and nothing to do, that's todays answer to all ills for the younger generation. Seems to me young people today have too much choice and easily get bored, they then have to find something more exciting to do on a weekend - like what just happened to you. Have you seen the similar thread as to what happened in Woodhouse the other night.

omg! i hope you are ok. nasty sod wonder what drugs he was on:huh:

Hi there

that's outrageous carmen! have you reported it to the police and given them a description? at least they can match up incidents if something similar happens again.

Thanks for the replies guys

as i said I can't say I was really injured :no bruise or blood, just the shock of knowing that people like that exist, and seeing the look on his face: i don't think he was drunk, he looked like he was high on something, and they all had shaved heads so yes they might have been hooligans...his mates apologized to the homeless man and called their friend an idiot for what he did, but they were smiling and it was obvious that part of them was outraged and part of them amused...it's amazing how people can be easily led.

I didn't report the incident to the police because as I said I wasn't injured and I doubt they will care about a homeless guy.

I'm ashamed because I was so angry at the guy, I didn't think about talking to the homeless man and check that he was all right ( he just carried on walking)

If I were you I would definately report it - "just" because there is no bruise or blood doesn't make this behaviour in any way acceptable.

I can't believe that!

Can't you?.. If you were a foreigner as me, you would believe not only in that...

By the way, it only seems to me that it was much safer like two years ago?..

Thanks for the replies guys

as i said I can't say I was really injured :no bruise or blood, just the shock of knowing that people like that exist, and seeing the look on his face: i don't think he was drunk, he looked like he was high on something, and they all had shaved heads so yes they might have been hooligans...his mates apologized to the homeless man and called their friend an idiot for what he did, but they were smiling and it was obvious that part of them was outraged and part of them amused...it's amazing how people can be easily led.

I didn't report the incident to the police because as I said I wasn't injured and I doubt they will care about a homeless guy.

I'm ashamed because I was so angry at the guy, I didn't think about talking to the homeless man and check that he was all right ( he just carried on walking)

they had shaven heads so yes they might have been hooligans:huh:

It should be reported, because there are cameras in that area (I think) and somebody matching his description may have caused somebody far more damage later in the night.

If you report this incident, they've a much better chance of nailing the barstool :mad:

they had shaven heads so yes they might have been hooligans

or Shaolin Monks!