Registry Mechanic 5.0...Free

It seems that keithhazel only believes what he sees.

That being the case, why don't you download the program, keithhazel (Sav has said that it is safe), and try it, instead of arguing about it. You won't be losing anything (apart from some pride) fgs!

Yes!, this is were an abundance of email addresses come in useful.:hihi:

I just set a new one up one one of our domains. Get the reg details then kill the account:thumbsup:

where you mentioned about "invalid page error" and i skipped to that and missed the point where i was up to....thank you.:thumbsup:

It only happens on this particular PC. The other 6 here are fine with it. Which is a little strange:confused:

EDIT: Our posts crossed keithhazel.........

Happened with me a few minutes ago:D

update with 61 updates for sp1...then all the virus protection, then the 2 hours for sp2

Simply bypass SP1 and install SP2 (all SP1 fixes are reproduced in SP2).

Also, why not dl the network install distribution (that way there is no need to wait while windows updates via the net, you can do it locally):thumbsup:

Simply bypass SP1 and install SP2 (all SP1 fixes are reproduced in SP2).

Also, why not dl the network install distribution (that way there is no need to wait while windows updates via the net, you can do it locally):thumbsup:

A member of the IT, where I was working until recently, suggested I download SP2 and put it on a separate disk, so that, if I ever have to do another system recovery (this pc is originally SP1), all I have to do is install SP2 from the disk ~ saves a lot of time because it's just the installation and not the download. All that needs doing after that is to install the updates.

SP2 is downloadable from here.

It seems that keithhazel only believes what he sees.

That being the case, why don't you download the program, keithhazel (Sav has said that it is safe), and try it, instead of arguing about it. You won't be losing anything (apart from some pride) fgs!

if i told you i was 6 foot and handsome with long flowing hair and a porshe...would you believe me or would you only believe me if see ?......lol...rather funny you saying that cos i know someone quite close who says similar and they have a similar name as you, well not similar but exact..lol...well ann i took your advice and clicked download....:) but after 5 minutes of it telling me it was doing it it comes up with a white screen telling me "cannot find server..:( ...so i will have another go now.....:)

yes think they did, but it took from 11am till 11pm to formatt , reinstall xp, update with 61 updates for sp1...then all the virus protection, then the 2 hours for sp2 to install and update and then other bits that kept needing to be put back,this after a first installation that when i first went on line to get my virus protection on i was beaten to it and a pop up which came up 50-75 times an hour telling me i had 55 registery errors and needed to go to certain sites mentioned who incidently where "pay for sites"..so think i became a little over ansious...sorry for any raised temperatures....:thumbsup:

Follow this route next time for reinstalling XP.

1 2 and then get your free copy of Drive Image.....and yes it is a Full Working Version

If disaster strikes, and it does, usually once a week, I have my OS up and running in 4 minutes.

A member of the IT, where I was working until recently, suggested I download SP2 and put it on a separate disk, so that, if I ever have to do another system recovery (this pc is originally SP1), all I have to do is install SP2 from the disk ~ saves a lot of time because it's just the installation and not the download. All that needs doing after that is to install the updates.

SP2 is downloadable from here.

yes i figured something like that, just that my copy of xp had sp1 on it...after such a long installation i had not got round to sp2 but updates automatically started up and installed it....but will take advantage of your sp2 link thanks and make a copy...:)

but after 5 minutes of it telling me it was doing it it comes up with a white screen telling me "cannot find server..:( ...so i will have another go now.....:)

Just tried both links, both OK.:thumbsup:

yes i figured something like that, just that my copy of xp had sp1 on it...after such a long installation i had not got round to sp2 but updates automatically started up and installed it....but will take advantage of your sp2 link thanks and make a copy...:)

Slipstream SP2 into you original XP disk......makes for nice smooth installation.:thumbsup:

Sav - as always - great advice and help - Cheers.

:thumbsup:

Please shut up and just use the FREE software :rolleyes:

yes think they did, but it took from 11am till 11pm to formatt , reinstall xp, update with 61 updates for sp1...then all the virus protection, then the 2 hours for sp2 to install and update and then other bits that kept needing to be put back,this after a first installation that when i first went on line to get my virus protection on i was beaten to it and a pop up which came up 50-75 times an hour telling me i had 55 registery errors and needed to go to certain sites mentioned who incidently where "pay for sites"..so think i became a little over ansious...sorry for any raised temperatures....:thumbsup:

I shouldn't have been so "short" with you either keithhazel. :thumbsup:

As for taking your computer "back-to basics," I did that myself 2 or 3 weeks ago......and I understand your reluctance to go through the "rigmarole" all over again so rapidly. I too am wary of downloading some programmes too because when the computer is "pristine" as such, it concentrates the mind somewhat. I took your route with XP and preloaded SP1, all the updates etc....a 12 hour job.......to be avoided at all costs.

So.....I too am now going to follow the routes recommended by Savannah and Ann* and get them on discs to save time and my own sanity.