Registry Mechanic 5.0...Free

but was this tool able to sort them out, am i just hopefully just wrong when i think its just there to get you to sign up for the "actual" tool to get rid of them..."if" there are really harmful errors at all, after all how bad did your two machines operate with a combined error number of 1538..:o

Savannah2 has pointed us to this free download. Neither she, nor anyone else is forcing you to download it, keithhazel. :)

May I suggest you either put up or shut up arguing about it with the OP. :)

The download is free, it comes with a registration key if you follow the instruction on site. I have had experience of using an earlier version on my PC, without any complaint regarding the Registry Mechanic software. :)

Thank you for the information, Savannah. I have taken your route and it's on here as I type. Much appreciated. :):thumbsup:

again i dont doubt its a "real" freebie...just you have not said whether it actually sorts out the errors or just tells you there are some...

I was editing the post as you posted during my reply to Savannah2, and you asked more than she asked for:thumbsup:

Savannah has pointed us to this free download. Neither she, nor anyone else is forcing you to download it, keithhazel. :)

May I suggest you either put up or shut up arguing about it with the OP. :)

The download is free, it comes with a registration key if you follow the instruction on site. I have had experience of using an earlier version on my PC, without any complaint regarding the Registry Mechanic software. :)

Thank you for the information, Savannah. I have taken your route and it's on here as I type. Much appreciated. :):thumbsup:

what do you mean..."put up or shut up".i have NEVER denied anything i have been told, but have been denied an answer to the question i put......apart from telling you how many errors you have, does it sort them out...is that a hard question ?

im not saying its not a full version savannah...im just asking and no-one has answered it yet....does it sort out the problems it detects because there are many things that some programmes will tell you are an error yet it because its another programme, just in the same way some virus detectors or firewalls block some things as they "believe" it to be alien as its not part of their programming....

Yes it removes the problems found, the version that on offer is version 5.0, it is a past version of Registry Mechanic, think the new version is 5.2.

Now if you download the latest version it is a time limited demo and so you would have to pay for the program to remove the problems for you.

If it was a time limited demo I would not have posted Registry Mechanic as a Full Working Version

There are lots of freeware programs that I can recommend to you for cleaning and defragging the registry.

Your only commitment is an email address for registration......thats all.

does it sort them out...is that a hard question ?

Please read this reply again.

Which you have to supply for the latest version anyway:D.

:thumbsup:

Yes it removes the problems found, the version that on offer is version 5.0, it is a past version of Registry Mechanic, think the new version is 5.2.

Now if you download the latest version it is a time limited demo and so you would have to pay for the program to remove the problems for you.

If it was a time limited demo I would not have posted Registry Mechanic as a Full Working Version

There are lots of freeware programs that I can recommend to you for cleaning and defragging the registry.

then thats brilliant that it removes problems and thanks very much as always want to kep on top of p.c especially as have just formatted and reinstalled it totally and knowing how long it took i dont want it infecting again...cheers...

what do you mean..."put up or shut up".i have NEVER denied anything i have been told, but have been denied an answer to the question i put......apart from telling you how many errors you have, does it sort them out...is that a hard question ?

I have answered your question ...yes it does!!!

Which you have to supply for the latest version anyway:D.

Yes!, this is were an abundance of email addresses come in useful.:hihi:

Please read this reply again.

i apologise to you, i did read your reply but i think what happened was that i was half way through it and my eyes caught sight of the ending where you mentioned about "invalid page error" and i skipped to that and missed the point where i was up to....thank you.:thumbsup:

If you download any "trial" version of software, you will find many will show problems, or suspected problems. You are then required to register with the software company, and pay for the software in order to use the "full" version to correct "all" of the defined problems.

Savannah2 made it perfectly clear in her OP that this was a full programme. The link takes you to a legitimate site to download it, and how to obtain a legitimate "Registration Name and Key".

For heaven's sake........:confused:

EDIT: Our posts crossed keithhazel.........

If you download any "trial" version of software, you will find many will show problems, or suspected problems. You are then required to register with the software company, and pay for the software in order to use the "full" version to correct "all" of the defined problems.

Savannah2 made it perfectly clear in her OP that this was a full programme. The link takes you to a legitimate site to download it, and how to obtain a legitimate "Registration Name and Key".

For heaven's sake........:confused:

EDIT: Our posts crossed keithhazel.........

yes think they did, but it took from 11am till 11pm to formatt , reinstall xp, update with 61 updates for sp1...then all the virus protection, then the 2 hours for sp2 to install and update and then other bits that kept needing to be put back,this after a first installation that when i first went on line to get my virus protection on i was beaten to it and a pop up which came up 50-75 times an hour telling me i had 55 registery errors and needed to go to certain sites mentioned who incidently where "pay for sites"..so think i became a little over ansious...sorry for any raised temperatures....:thumbsup: