Vandalism in Hillsborough

Once again the scumbags seem to be targeting Findon Street in Hills borough to do some mindless damage.

In the last two weeks there have has been a van spray painted with black aerosol paint. A micra with its front drivers window smashed and door peeled back. And now anther van with a windscreen smashed. Does anyone know who these mindless cretins are that are doing these things and if so where can they be got hold of. The police aren't bothered but if we could point a few names in the police's way then maybe something will start to be done about it.This is a nice street with nice people on it. I don't know whether the castle pub has anything to do with these things happening, but since they have got their late opening things seem to have gone form bad to worse with the vandalism.

It supposed to be a neighbourhood watch area but when I asked the police about this they said to take no notice of it as it wasn't in use anymore. They also said that if there was anymore trouble then just to phone 999. So i suggest that if anything else happens we should do just that.

It seems to be happening all over. The police told me to make sure my neighbours report any damage too. The ones that do, are fed up of no action being taken. How does it get to stop?

We've received a survey about car crime in Hillsborough just this week (Dixon Road area). Although no problems with our car so far, it could just be a matter of time - it seems to go in spates. I think Hillsborough has so much going for it with a great park, transport systems, the new college, leisure centre, library and shops on the doorstep etc, I just wonder what motivates some people to destroy things.

Lets start with Hillsbro corner, the first thing is the weir. It could be beautiful, but some cretins use it instead of the local dump. :rant: On the other side of Holme Lane is a building that could be really attractive - if it wasn't being left to rot. (Oh, sorry it has got new windows now, so maybe in a few years it will be occupied again.) :rant: Diagonally across from the weir, the empty shop that used to be Greenwoods. Wouldn't the owner profit more by letting it at a reduced rent to attract a tenant, rather than leave it empty? :suspect: And last but not least the salubrious establishment that is Leg Ends! Look in the windows - it looks like an advert for 'moronsRus' (and that can be quite early in the morning). :gag: Further up Middlewood Road the shops are reasonably ok, and in most streets people are spending money on renovating and updating houses - and house prices keep on going up. People seem keen to live here, and the residents I've met seem genuinely decent folk. So where are the dumpers, vandals, and brain deads coming from? :huh: I know the shopping centre is used by lots of people from outside the area, but how far do people travel to commit acts of vandalism? Or do they live in our midst?

As we now have a 'Community Safety Unit' maybe they, along with the local police, could take a proactive approach for a period, with 24 hour coverage and rapid response to any reports of vandalism? Or am I dreaming again?

Once again the scumbags seem to be targeting Findon Street in Hills borough to do some mindless damage.

In the last two weeks there have has been a van spray painted with black aerosol paint. A micra with its front drivers window smashed and door peeled back. And now anther van with a windscreen smashed. Does anyone know who these mindless cretins are that are doing these things and if so where can they be got hold of. The police aren't bothered but if we could point a few names in the police's way then maybe something will start to be done about it.This is a nice street with nice people on it. I don't know whether the castle pub has anything to do with these things happening, but since they have got their late opening things seem to have gone form bad to worse with the vandalism.

It supposed to be a neighbourhood watch area but when I asked the police about this they said to take no notice of it as it wasn't in use anymore. They also said that if there was anymore trouble then just to phone 999. So i suggest that if anything else happens we should do just that.

Yes, and Findon St isnt all that far from Hammerton Rd Police Station, so where are they all ? :suspect:

So it's now 2012 - 6 years after the original post and it's still hapenning. Parking my car in Kendal Road (just off Findon) over the last 18 months my car has been keyed up both sides, aerial ripped off and car broken in to - with door damage, but nothing to take. Oh - plus 2 bikes stolen and the ladders off my husband's van stolen. It's a nice street - pitty about the ******** that pass through it.

So it's now 2012 - 6 years after the original post and it's still hapenning. Parking my car in Kendal Road (just off Findon) over the last 18 months my car has been keyed up both sides, aerial ripped off and car broken in to - with door damage, but nothing to take. Oh - plus 2 bikes stolen and the ladders off my husband's van stolen. It's a nice street - pitty about the ******** that pass through it.

im on kendal and my cars been scratched a couple of times.someone even crashed into it one night and left without saying anything..find it hard to park on there nevermind neighbourning streets parking their motors on there....:rant::rant::rant::rant:

im on kendal and my cars been scratched a couple of times.someone even crashed into it one night and left without saying anything..find it hard to park on there nevermind neighbourning streets parking their motors on there....:rant::rant::rant::rant:

can't wait until a parking scheme is introduced

can't wait until a parking scheme is introduced

How will that stop your car being vandalised? Be very careful before going down the parking scheme route.

Not all of it, but much of it will be down to SOME of the eastern European migrants that live above the shops and in Montgomery Place further down Langsett Road.

Not all of it, but much of it will be down to SOME of the eastern European migrants that live above the shops and in Montgomery Place further down Langsett Road.

Really?! *sigh*

From Langsett Rd they'd go all the way to Findon St just to vandalise cars?

Sympathize in full to everyone who has had stuff like this happen to them, Cars are generally a big enough pain the the backside and as ridiculous expense already without stuff like this going on!

Without sounding silly would it not be worth installing a CCTV camera in your bedroom window or on the wall outside to deter these scumbags (for those of you who have a decent view of your car from your homes) Ok it will cost a bit to pick up a decent Infra Red camera however if you have been targeted several times already it seems like it might be worth the cost and hopefully upon installing it you might help in banging some of these undesirables up?

You obviously have evidence so why not take it to the police. You don't want people thinking you're talking rubbish, do you?