Dovedale - car driving altruists required! Saturday 11th November

If its 11th, I can`t make it on 2 counts. I`m working, and my teams at home! As we`re not relying on public transport, which is obviously haphazard on Sundays, isn`t there a Sunday that Mr and Mrs Tess can make? I can do any Sunday for instance, and even tho I`m supposed to work alternate Saturdays it doesn`t always work out that way, i.e. 7 on the trot in summer, so I daren`t commit to Saturdays too readily.Sorry to be a pain, and if its got to be 11th, so be it!

Scubz you are a pain lol Could be a Sunday I suppose but can't manage too many as the rate of pay at Mr Tess's work is much higher on a Sunday than a Saturday and with Christmas (Aaahhhh dreaded C word) coming up we need all the money we can get

Oh god, sorry Scubz. Whatever date I suggest is going to pee someone off. I can't shift it around anymore unless we go this saturday, but that's not much time for people to see the thread and arrange their weekend. Tess, is there any way you would be able to do Sunday 12th? I know it's unfair really to ask you to make a financial sacrifice for it, but it will be such a nice walk I want as many people to be able to go as possible. If you really would rather not do a Sunday, that's fine though. :(

Sorry folks, feel guilty now about moaning about Saturdays, go ahead and arrange for 11th, I`ll see what I can do

Sorry folks, feel guilty now about moaning about Saturdays, go ahead and arrange for 11th, I`ll see what I can do

Don't feel guilty, Scubz. Everybody has commitments. I should have waited a bit longer before throwing dates around.

I've been reminded that we can always go again in the spring, if anyone can't make it this time.

Tess, is there any way you would be able to do Sunday 12th? I know it's unfair really to ask you to make a financial sacrifice for it, :(

We're already booked for something else Sunday 12th :( As Scubz said though, go ahead and arrange something if you wish, if we can't make it there is always next time!

I feel so guilty. At the moment I can actually make any day in November. I'm guilty of not having a life...

Hi, yes, Tess, I'll definitely go with that date. If everyone who wants to go can post their intent then we can sort lifts etc. I'm not quite sure what to do about meeting - I hadn't thought about how long it takes to get there etc. The meeting place will be the car park at the start of the valley, near Thorpe. In the next few days I will post links to maps and sort out a meeting time, measure the walk, etc. I've been very unwell this week and am behind with my list of things to do. (I've got to sort out Castleton as well).

There haven't been many other takers for this walk so far, so please anybody, including newbies, if you would like to go on this walk please post and announce yourselves. :)

There haven't been many other takers for this walk so far, so please anybody, including newbies, if you would like to go on this walk please post and announce yourselves. :)

Me. Me. Me. :)

Not sure if I'll need a lift yet or if I'll be able to convince someone with a car to come along.

The meeting place will be the car park at the start of the valley, near Thorpe.QUOTE]

Well think we're okay for that Purdy as Mr Tess used to drive a bus route that went that way so we are fairly familiar with the area

The meeting place will be the car park at the start of the valley, near Thorpe.QUOTE]

Well think we're okay for that Purdy as Mr Tess used to drive a bus route that went that way so we are fairly familiar with the area

OK then we'll all follow you. :D