Reginald Dixon M.B.E.

No idea hillsbro, I have tried to remember even the daughters name but no luck there. I only met her once or twice in the period Nov 1958 to Sept 1962 when she c ame to my ex girlfriends birthday parties 

Only saw her mother a few times walking out of the house over those years, but do clearly remember Reginald Dixon visiting then a few times because of his Rolls being parked outside of the house with its distinctive Blackpool tower at the end of the bonnet where the Rolls Spirit of Ecstasy is normally positioned

Usually I was only there on Saturdays - Sundays we spent at my home in Swallownest and weekdays we met in the city after work  

The daughter was the only one of the group who never went to the Young Farmers Dance on Saturday evenings at Bradfield Village Hall (I remember the band who played there had the initials "FB" on their music stands - think the band leaders initials were "FB" -drove a new brown and yellow Vauxhall Victor, at the time)

Dance interval was of course a dash to the nearby pub

Could the daughters name have been Angela I wonder - "stab in the dark" of course - she would have been born around 1938/39 I think because my ex girlfriend was born in 1938. Her family name was Whiteley and parents were Percy and Kit - regular members of the local golf club - Kit worked for Miss Greaves at her opticians shop on Middlewood Road, roughly opposite the bottom of Dykes Lane - Kit and Miss Greaves played golf together regularly

That's all I can remember right now after about a 60 year gap

Hope this is helpful though

i have not heard of anyone mentioning it but i was told as a  youngster that Reggie played the organ at the now demolished  Cemetery Rd Congregational Church in S harrow. Has anyone else heard this ?

Hi all, apparently my uncle performed with Reg Dixon  his name was Bill Scott and for a time was called Scott and Dixon does anyone have any information art all on this ? Bill went on to become an inventor