Reginald Dixon M.B.E.

Charlie had four companions during his career that wore the same distictive white hat, Paul Freeman, Paul King, Paul Conner and his son Charlie Cairoli Junior.

He used to play the clarinet and I think charlie drove the little noddy car that used to fall to pieces. I saw him at Blackpool in the late 50's early 60's along with Reginald Dixon.

It was the one who played the Clarinet.

Hi, I am Reginald Dixon's great granddaughter, my father being his grandson, & my Nan being his daughter, Jacqueline. I am currently doing some research as to what kind of activity there is online about him, as I am looking to carry out a social media campaign to tribute his work, and I am astounded at the warm messages about him. This thread is lovely, and really magnifies the great work he did.

Many thanks

Hi Rachel-Kneen,one of Reg's friends is still alive and well,it was his 98th birthday two weks ago and he still lives in Walkley Lane.

My grandfather, who was the lamplighter for Walkley and Crookes (also a file cutter), also knew Reg Dixon well before the war.

Didn’t Reginald Dixon live at Nether Edge during the war? I seem to recall he lived at the top of a steep hill, with a newsagent at the bottom. His dog used to fetch his morning paper!

I was told that my grandfather Norman Levers was a friend of his. Don't know if this was when they were kids as they would have been the same age, or when older. I never knew my grandfather but apparently he was a bit of a 'singer'.

There was once a bus named after him operated by Andrews in Sheffield, I might have a picture of it somewhere...

There was once a bus named after him operated by Andrews in Sheffield, I might have a picture of it somewhere...
Here is an online photo. I remember my dad telling me that when Reginald Dixon was learning to play the organ, he used to practise at the Baptist Church on Taplin Road.

I was told that my grandfather Norman Levers was a friend of his. Don't know if this was when they were kids as they would have been the same age, or when older. I never knew my grandfather but apparently he was a bit of a 'singer'.

hi I now have my mum sat next to me, Ann Levers, Normans daughter. They lived two doors from each other when they were children and both of them went to the same organ tutor from the age of five. It was Normans profession when my mum was a child, playing for silent movies in the Albert Hall top of Cambridge Street, now Cole Brothers.

Back in 1958 to 1961, my girlfriend, at the time, lived on Ben Lane, Wisewood.

Across the road in the semi detatched houses lived Reginald Dixons (My girlfeiend said) sister. She was very friendly with the sisters daughter, and I remember during those years seeing Reginald dixon visit them. Unless my memory is failing me I think he had a Rolls Royce at the time with a miniature Blackpool Tower on the end of the bonnet, where the Spirit of Ecstacy usually is.

Cannot recall his sisters married name, but will do if someone prompts me. As for the sisters daughter, she will/would be about 74 ish now

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have a keen interest in researching mine and my wife's family history.

My Mom in Law was a cousin of Reg's wife, Vera.

I have family history details to share with anyone interested.

Are there any forum members related in some way to either Vera or Reg, if so please pm me

Thanks

Hi, I am Reginald Dixon's great granddaughter, my father being his grandson, & my Nan being his daughter, Jacqueline. I am currently doing some research as to what kind of activity there is online about him, as I am looking to carry out a social media campaign to tribute his work, and I am astounded at the warm messages about him. This thread is lovely, and really magnifies the great work he did.

Many thanks

Rachel,

I too am a great grand daughter, so that must mean we are distantly related! Wow! My dad was Reginald's grandson, his Mum (my grandma) Reg's daughter Angela (your nan's sister!) so interesting to see a whole other part of my family!!