I cant believe what happened last night in woodhouse - violent assault

im not sure on the ins and outs of why he dint report it cos i only heard it off hubby in a quick phone call, and the friend just thought it was pointless. but i agree that he should have done. thats a good point pattricia about maybe getting compansation. ill tell hubby to mention it to him.

its a shame he didnt think to run to our house instead of home, cos i would have deff rang the police and if the scumbags had seen our 2 dogs they would have bricked it and run away :)

just thought i think the icecream place has got a cctv, not sure about the coop tho, ill mention it to him

he didnt tell a group of youths to eff off he told one ! the rest come running from alover. and what would you tell a youth who told you to give him your loose change?

but off course are you one of the dogooder brigade that beleive all youths nowadays are poor badly done to little sausages and its everyone else in society that provoke them into needless violance? :rant:

I am not one of the do-gooder brigade as you put it. In your original post you said that a youth asked for loose change, not that he told him to give him some loose change. If a youth asked me for change, I would firmly tell him no. If I told him to eff off, I would be escalating the situation and would expect violence.

I am not one of the do-gooder brigade as you put it. In your original post you said that a youth asked for loose change, not that he told him to give him some loose change. If a youth asked me for change, I would firmly tell him no. If I told him to eff off, I would be escalating the situation and would expect violence.

ok so i put it differently in both posts.. i still ment the same. hubbys words that friend told him were youth said "give me your loose change" after tugging on friends back,

so according to you how someone speaks deserves them to be leathered? well in that case the little scroat deserved to be leathered for being so bloody cheeky but friend dint hit him first. your talkin out ya bum pal !!

ok so i put it differently in both posts.. i still ment the same. hubbys words that friend told him were youth said "give me your loose change" after tugging on friends back,

so according to you how someone speaks deserves them to be leathered? well in that case the little scroat deserved to be leathered for being so bloody cheeky but friend dint hit him first. your talkin out ya bum pal !!

As neither of us were present at the incident it is a waste of time arguing over the exact details. My point was- if you use abusive language to someone you are not helping the situation. If you specifically tell someone to eff off, you are backing someone into a corner and forcing a reaction.

Hi Litha, so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Unfortunately, this seems to be becoming commonplace nowadays, and gives youth/teenagers a bad name, which most of them don`t deserve. If the police and the courts had dished out harsher punishments, or in some cases any punishment, this situation would not have become uncontrollable. They know nothing can be done legally and play on it. If the police dont take control soon, I believe some sort of "punishment beatings", a la IRA, could begin, which is something that shouldn`t be condoned.

get some of his mates together & go & give them a tanking ,dont involve the police

That would be the most tempting option, agreed.

That would be the most tempting option, agreed.

The youths would probably have them up for assault(they know all the ins & outs) Best to report it,and claim money through Victim Support.

Hi Litha, so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Unfortunately, this seems to be becoming commonplace nowadays, and gives youth/teenagers a bad name, which most of them don`t deserve. If the police and the courts had dished out harsher punishments, or in some cases any punishment, this situation would not have become uncontrollable. They know nothing can be done legally and play on it. If the police dont take control soon, I believe some sort of "punishment beatings", a la IRA, could begin, which is something that shouldn`t be condoned.

totally agree with you sweetcheeks,i said the same to hubby the toe rags do what ever they like and they know nothing is going to happen to them, there just isnt any deterant.. hmmm bring back the days of borstals lets see how these ever so hard little gits would like a taste of that. Alot of teenagers dont deserve to be labeled the same unfortunatly the bad ones seem to be growing in number. i cant beleive im 36 and now scared to go to the shop at tea time just because its dark, i feellike im over reacting but gangs are always lurking about round the shops and now i dont trust them. if they could do that to a grown man (albeit hes not got much meat on him) then im sure they wouldnt think twice about having a go at me im only 4ft 10 :(

get some of his mates together & go & give them a tanking ,dont involve the police

I concur, make them think 2wice in future.

I have sometimes spoken to the community officer who patrols the area. I therefore know that a few years ago the police set up CCTV camera's in the village because of the low level nuisance crime that was being committed by a small but determined group of kids.

If these camera's are still in place they may of caught something and if the guy doesn't report it the police don't get to hear about the problem till some other poor sod ends up in hospital.

I cant believe that, That is horrible but im afraid something like that does happen sometimes in woodhouse village and i live in the village bout a min from shops too :(, I know how it can be intimading at night and even in day sometimes, The police should be out n about more round the area I think personally. xxx

he didnt tell a group of youths to eff off he told one ! the rest come running from alover. and what would you tell a youth who told you to give him your loose change?

There are other ways of saying no, without the need to resort to swearing:thumbsup: