Would like to say thanks and recommend...

1) The silver car who went around a puddle and didn't splash me today on Langsett Road! What a nice person! :D

2) The shoe fixing place in Orchard Square who did a great job on my partner's shoes! I was nervous about going there cause they're new but they did a super job, much better than other places I've been!

It's been a good day.... :)

I don't want to hijack your thread but I'd like to say thanks to the lovely doorman who wished me a good evening when I was exiting Atkinsons this evening. What a nice way to end a good day's shopping! Well done Atkinsons for keeping a bit of class in Sheffield. Nice touch.

:) I had a few drinks in weatherspoons, they have a beer festival on,( the no smoke pub ) with fellow redundancies so it's not the endof he world; cheers:) :)

1) The silver car who went around a puddle and didn't splash me today on Langsett Road! What a nice person! :D

2) The shoe fixing place in Orchard Square who did a great job on my partner's shoes! I was nervous about going there cause they're new but they did a super job, much better than other places I've been!

It's been a good day.... :)

So, basically, apart from not getting splashed, the rest of your day was a load of 'cobblers'.

A bit like mine really.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to the 7 year old at school who didn't wipe the slime on his top lip on my sleeve for a change. Thanks kid. :thumbsup:

I don't want to hijack your thread but I'd like to say thanks to the lovely doorman who wished me a good evening when I was exiting Atkinsons this evening. What a nice way to end a good day's shopping! Well done Atkinsons for keeping a bit of class in Sheffield. Nice touch.

Door man Atkinsons you having a laugh? never seen one yet!

Plus I`d like to thank all the awkward customers I served today who after all pay my wages

I was just thinking what a nice and positive thread this was, but there's always some who have to come along and ruin it with some sarcasm.

Thanks to all the great punters in the pub tonight who made my DJing a joy!

Yes, there was a gentleman when they were closing, on the door, who wished us good evening, he was lovely. No, I'm not kidding.

Door man Atkinsons you having a laugh? never seen one yet!

Plus I`d like to thank all the awkward customers I served today who after all pay my wages

:hihi: i was thinking the same, never had a doorman when i worked there lol perhaps they've decided to get classy :hihi:

I got picked up from Luton airport recently by taxi.

We have a small child, needed a seat, and needed them to be there on time with a sign so we knew who they were.

Sure enough, once into arrivals, there they were.

Very good, curtious and helpful driver.

So, the next day I phoned the company.

I started off by saying ' I got picked up by your comapany at Luton last night ' and the tone of the guys voice said 'oh here comes a complaint'.

But I said ' thanks very much. Exellent service'

' Oh, thanks. Nobody has phoned to tell us that before '

The moral of the story is:

complain when you have to, but tell people when you get good service. It will make their day and probably just make their service better :thumbsup:

Atkinsons and class in the same sentence?

I was painting my fence a few weeks ago, when a man in a little white van pulled up next to me. He got out of the van with a box of disposable gloves and proceeded to give me probably half of them.

He said, "Here you are love, I've driven past you three times today, and I think you should wear these 'cos that paint is foul stuff". He got in his van and drove away! Bless!

Thanks to him for that, it restored my faith in humanity.:thumbsup:

(It would have been even better if he'd asked if I wanted any help. :D )