Parrot in Norton Lees ?

Has anyone else seen the parrot that's flying round the Meersbrook park allotments ? At a guess it looks like an african grey, but I could be wrong. Even more suprising was a woodcock I saw in the same area over the weekend.

Has anyone else seen the parrot that's flying round the Meersbrook park allotments ? At a guess it looks like an african grey, but I could be wrong. Even more suprising was a woodcock I saw in the same area over the weekend.

Woodcock are actually a lot more common than people realise, they just aren't seen too often.

Woodcock are actually a lot more common than people realise, they just aren't seen too often.

I've seen loads of them in Ecclesall woods, but I was a suprised that one was calling from a back garden.

I can imagine. It's the same with rabbits. You know they've got one somewhere, but they'll never show it to you!

Back when we lived up Walkley, Dad once found a wild rabbit in what was then known as the Donkey woods for some unknown reason, we eventually tamed it and kept it as a pet till it died some time around 1984 iirc.

The parrot's turned-up again! It seems to have been living in one of the rougher areas of our fair city.http://www.boreme.com/boremerigid/funny-2007/x-rated-parrot-p1.php

there's literally tens of thousands of parrots living in london. you can't go out of the house without seeing one around where i live. its quite a shock the first time you see them flocking in trees like we're in india or something.

...finally seen it this morning,it was chasing off a huge Heron!!,Have been hearing what I knew was a green parrakeet for weeks,from when I lived down south,and there were hundreds of them along the Thames.(apparently escaped years ago during the filming of African Queen at Shepperton Studios!!)

It 'lives' somewhere between Albert Road and the park from what I can make out!

Heres a coulpe of photos from the ones in the trees along the Thames last winter on a proper cold day too!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/jonsabine/P1020319.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/jonsabine/P1020318.jpg

there's literally tens of thousands of parrots living in london. you can't go out of the house without seeing one around where i live. its quite a shock the first time you see them flocking in trees like we're in india or something.

Some neighbours of ours had an African Grey, and it was already about 30 years old.

Amongst other things it used to perfectly immitate the Greenwich Time signal on the radio, the sound of the family's dog running, as well as a loud screeching sound and extensive vocabulary.

Two elderly Irish sisters in the house the other side remarked about all the swearing coming from the house, and were shocked when informed the dialogue was being emitted by the parrot, and not by the head of the household !.

There's a small town in Cumbria called Kirkby Stephen which has loads of parrots roaming the town. You'd seen them perched on rooftops and street signs..