Ruined film at UGC Cinema (Don Valley)

I feel quite lucky coz Ive never had a problem with UGC except for the people talking and phones going off!:mad::rant:

Went to see Chronicles of Riddick today at the UGC. Film broke just as it was starting ! Credit to UGC for getting it fixed in just a few minutes, although there was a scary moment when it restarted and the film was being projected off-screen and we thought we'd just see the lower half of the movie :P

I've only ever had one problem at a cinema, I once had to go and tell an usher that the sound "died" during a viewing of the first Harry Potter at the Odeon in Town.

Rididick was of kilter at the start yesterday as well. Luckily the lad sat next to me works there so soon sorted...

THE VILLAGE at MEadowhall cinema was off centre with half the picture hanging off the screen. It was a farce....and quite frankly the sound system in my 27 yr old Fiesta was better than that particular screen ,whichever number it was, , all muffled bass and no clarity. They ruined what was actually an interestingly different film and as usual refused to issue a refund as the supervisor was on her lunch break......strange time I thought as it was 4.30 in the afternoon!!

I've never had a problem with a film at the cinema but I have had a problem with the seat reservation system at UGC.

When you get your ticket they ask where you want to sit but when you get into the cinema people sit wherever they want. There is not usher to sort the seating arrangement out.

Myself and my boyfriend went to UGC last week and as someone was sat in our seats we just sat down somewhere else as we weren't that fussed. However just as the film is about to start we are asked to move because we are in someone elses seat. We try to explain that as she is already seated and has been for the past 10 minutes what is the problem with us all staying where we are? Anyway she is driving us crazy so we move.

I would have been happy to move had she not had a seat but her and her brats, sorry children, had already been seated for at least 10 minutes. They obviously decided they didn't like the seats they had and went to reclaim the ones they booked.

Fair enough I suppose but they really should have ushers to sort the seating out because it's just chaos. We didn't ask the people in our seats to move because we couldn't be bothered with all the fuss.

All the seats in UGC allow a good view anyway so I don't see a reason to choose specific seats.

Get yourselves to the showroom!! The best cinema around, with the best selection of films oldskool!!!!