wilkinsons in town sell chepish pet items.

Theres a new one at meadowhall retail park called Jollyes, it's very similiar to Pets at Home but quite a bit cheaper (went in today) but they don't stock animals loads of stuff.

I went in but it was a bit weird. They had several ranges of food, but didn't have the full ranges of them - I was looking for dental food for cats and they didn't have any of it at all. Yet the shop seemed much bigger in terms of space than Pets At Home - who do always have the food your kitties need.

All you need to do is ask, we have started with basic ranges as all stores vary so much, we can get 90% of foods to order and popular products will be added to full stock range. We will do our best to help you out

I went in yesterday and tried asking - I was looking for some filter products for my aquarium. The member of staff who's name i can not remember just told me that if it's not on the shelf we haven't got it and walked off leaving me to look myself.

In the end (after a good 5 mins of looking) I found it but decided against purchasing it due to the total unhelpfulness of this one member of staff.

Stick to Pets at Home cause although the staff don't always know the answers they do find out not just leave you to it.

Thank you for your comment. Have sent PM.

I'd recommend some of the little places over the superstores for knowledge and price on lots of items. Andy at West Street Pet Supplies is very knowledgeable, and has personally checked out every item that he sells. He also delivers (which is handy if you get the large sacks of cat litter in multiples like I do). I'd choose to buy from there over any of the chains.

Thank you for your comment. Have sent PM.

Thanks I have replied to your PM.