Speed Dating

Hi Cathy.

I do have problems getting a girly ... it sux !! ... hard to say where I go wrong ... being so incredibly gorgeous and such a lovely natured person (ooops cheap plug!).

Hope you do stay and use the forum Cathy :)

Hi Mr Teatime.

I agree with a lot you have to say ... and I think you're a star for being so brave and strong enough to admit some of your 'weaknesses' ... (which I don't think are really weaknesses at all).

"measure ourselves by how popular we are with members of the opposite sex" ... big NO NO ... what does it matter what any other human being thinks about you !? ... it has to come down to how you feel inside yourself matey :o

We are all so completely different anyway ... WOO HOO ... is that not a good thing ? ... should we all be the same ?

Jamie

Hi Mr Teatime, Jamie

I find it odd to read men talking so candidly about the way they feel and also being able to relate that to media pressure - and you are both really young.

Women always assume they get the rough deal as we are supposed to be a size 10 honey with a J-Lo arse! (As you pointed out Mr Teatime!). Unfortunately we aren't all blessed with such superficial good points. It is definitely what's inside that counts - and also the way you portray yourself. It is true that if you put a brave face on the situation and give yourself a 'big up' then you will come across a lot more confident.

I know it really will sound like I am giving speed dating a really really cheap plug now but honestly, I feel so strongly that this whole way of dating takes out all the 'shyness' from the situation. You know everyone else there is there for the same reason as you and you don't have to worry about rejection or anything.

Mr Teatime I am sorry that you are finding it hard to find an event that will cater to your age group. We are really interested to hear your comments and if we get enough interest from people looking for that age group then we will definitely host one. Keep checking our site for further details.

We do hope to hold a Christmas Party for singles, so I will keep you posted on that and you would be more than welcome to attend.

Keep your chins up - it will happen when you least expect it!

Cathy

If anyone's interested we are offering a launch price of £5.00 for the first night of each age group including a glass of bubbly.

Not advertising, just answering the original question.

speak to you soon!

Cathy

Hiya Everyone :o

Just back from the speed dating night at the halcyon ... as run by http://www.rapiddating.co.uk.

... and it was really really really good !!

I had such a fun night. Once you relax it all comes so natural !! ... why did no-one tell me that before !?

I actually really enjoyed meeting all them gorgeous hotties !! and I used to be terrified of talking to women ... so it is such a shock for me that I actually relaxed and enjoyed it !! Hopefully I will get some matches and meet some of them again ... but whatever happens it's been an education and a success for me personally.

This was my second attempt at speed dating and it was much better than the one at the HAHA bar. I feel a lot more relaxed and myself and confident talking to women. All in all it has been a great exercise to help me get over the shyness thing ...

Jamie

Excellent! Glad to hear you had a good night.

So come on then, tell us all more! What did you say? How many ladies did you meet? Do you think there were any 'connections'?

Fill us in on the gossip!!

Cathy

Well Cathy !! ....

There were some really nice and attractive ladies there. I just hope I didn't put any off by drooling too much in to my drink !!

I met 18 ladies during the evening. There were more girls than guys, so sometimes the girls were just sat on their own (awww). Great fun for the guys though.

I met 3 girls that I was quite attracted to. One girl had the most amazing deep blue eyes (I was too chicken to tell her so ... doh).

Blonde gorgeous sexy and friendly !! what more could you want !?

So yeah I made some connexions (i hope so at least).

I also met some girls that I just got on with really well and had a right laff with. One just gave me her email addy and mobile # on the spot. So a lot of new avenues opening up for me.

As for what I said.

I didn't have anything planned. I just went with the flow, which worked really well and was fun and enjoyable.

I'm going to have a go at Cathy's speed dating night next. Hope I don't get addicted ...

Guest Mr. Teatime

I need to try this out, on rapiddating.co.uk I can't see any events listed for Sheffield?

Or you could try the HAHA bar ... a lot of young people there.

The http://www.rapiddating.co.uk night I went on was 22-35 ... and fun ... ask them if they have another night.

I think Cathy's company http://www.datexpress.co.uk seem to cater for 25 year old's minimum ... is that correct Cathy?

They also have a £5 introdutory offer on at the moment.

Whatever you do ... let us know how you get on Mr Teatime :)

That's right Jamie. At present the starting age is 25 but we are more than willing to hold a night for say 18-25's if there is a market for it.

Obviously Mr Teatime would be interested which is a good start and if there are any other under 25's who would like to try it, let us know and we'll certainly try and get one organised.

I will keep my eyes and ears open though for you Mr Teatime in the meantime and if I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Cathy

Guest Mr. Teatime

There was also one on Tuesday in the forum bar apparantly. I just need to know about these thigns in advance, and find out if they're for my age range.

Hi all,

Just looking through the forum and noticed a chat about speed-dating.

Maybe we can help. We offer events on a regular basis and hold them at the Halcyon Bar, Devonshire Street, Sheffield.

Our age ranges are 22-35, 30-45, 40-55, 55+.

We had a great event last Tuesday and the feedback was excellent. Like Cathy says everyone there is in the same situation, everyone is nervous, but hey they're all single!!

Check out the website and book your place for the next event.

Hope this is of help to you.

Tim.