Speed Dating

8) Nah Den..........

Speed Dating, eh?

Ah yes, I tried that one once............

Snorted aif a gram up each nostril; then with my new found confidence, went over to talk the ladies. Now, I thought I was being a smooth talking, silver tongued cavalier. However, in actual fact, I was talking complete and utter b*ll*cks, chewing my cheeks, my nose kept running and I kept repeating myself!!!

Trust me, ar kid, never take speed if you wanna impress the ladies. Oh yeah, don't try wooing 'em with the old elephant trunk impression either.............as the WPC pointed out at the time, indecent exposure is not big and it is not clever and it is also against the law.

I hope this cautionary tale may steer you clear of any mishap or misfortune, Jamie!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Spacehopper ......... my dear love - you may want to read up on speed dating honey pie ;):)

cubanas has speeed dating for £35 which is a ripp=off! but then again going clubbing just meet w****** anyway...

Edited Swearing - Lickszz

Hehehehe - thanks for that excellent tip Spacehopper dude :)

What do u mean 'clubbing just meet w******' tinajones !?

I go clubbing !!! :P (not very often tho)

Edited Swearing - Lickszz

JamieW - have you ever watched "Would Like To Meet" ? (Sunday, 9pm, BBC3, will be repeated on BBC2 in the autumn). Lots of dating and confidence tips on there!

Good luck!

Yep ... have seen that a few times thanks Richman :)

Feeling pretty good today :) ...

It is frustratingly difficult to meet new people in general; ptoblme is that in pubs and clubs and so on its difficult to get to talk because of the music and background noise, so people *tend* to go on looks more than anything else.

What I thnk is a better strategy is to meet people throughthe things you do for fun, hobbies and so on. (Assumng that you do more than visit pubs and clubs that is..)

That said, the confidence building stuff does help a lot of people, but you have to be careful that its not taken too far. There is a fine line between assertive and agressive, same as with between just confident enough and OTT.. Just be yourself with a little extra confidence and I'm sure it will help..

Like the sound of the speed dating thing.. Heard of it, but never seen anything in town..

did you see emmerdale the other night - ashley the vicar went speed dating.

Hi Mawgan :)

I think confidence has a lot more to do with how you feel about yourself (i mean comfortable, relaxed and happy with who you are ... and accepting yourself ... a 'feeling thing') ... more than what you do.

Acting over confident and being OTT are really just ways in which people hide their insecurities ... IMHO.

For me personally ... I just need to feel like I am fine as I am (mostly I do feel like that) ... and aslo ... just talk to girls and not feel like I have to be anyone else other that who I am.

Agree with you on the meeting peeps in clubs ... very hard !! ... more than one way to skin a cat tho matey :lol:

Speed dating will (i hope) just be fun and a controlled way of helping me to get past my fear of women ... really don't expect anything other than that !!!

Am I a poor mis-guided fool !!? lol

Agree with you on the meeting people through what you do for fun thing too Mawgan.

How did ashley get on tina ?

He fell asleep, so my wife says.

On another note the most popular place to meet someone is in a supermarket, thats a fact, so i would'nt pull out your mums shopping trolly thats un cool, but go in and take your pick and kinda accidently bump into her./or him:blush: .

Can't be seen to be discriminate can i.