Speed Dating

It helps, i will admit that!

My confidence (and EGO :lol: ) went through the roof when I split up with the EVIL ex and worked in the states for a few months.

Nothing like American women thinkin your accent is 'awsome' and taking things further with you, to give you a boost.

Worked a treat on me!

LOL ... sounds pretty cool to me DaBouncer :D

Maybe i'll should have a look for work in the states ... hehehe

Originally posted by Red 2

how come u went to america man?

Went to work as Lifeguard/Swim Coach.... very good time I tells ya!

Originally posted by JamieW

LOL ... sounds pretty cool to me DaBouncer :D

Maybe i'll should have a look for work in the states ... hehehe

Get yourself over mate, you will NOT be dissappionted I promise ya!

Just be yourself - are you new to the area then ?

Don't listen to DB - he's a pulling machine :o

Hey... I was giving him good advice! I told him to be himself and not to go out looking for it. :cry:

He even said that he needs more confidence and I pointed him to the right direction (me hopes).

Thanks for the pulling machine comment sweetness ;)

Damn good advice I thought - you should take him out with you and showhim how it's done ;)

Excellent idea Lindseyw !!! ... i'd be ya star pupil mr DaBouncer sir ...

As for 'just be yourself' Lindsey, depends who you are, if your a 'prime beef mr confident pulling machine' ... good idea !!!!

If your a 'not got a clue how to approach women' kinda guy ... not such a hot idea !!!

I actually don't mind admitting that I'm not very confident with girls. Don't have a problem with that at all. It is somehting I am addressing and working on. That's all I can do hunni.

I got in touch with the sheffield college this afternoon and I am going on a 10 week confidence building course. Woo hoo ... look out girlies lol.

Confidence course - what a brilliant idea !! That should help then.....keep us posted !!

I aint no pulling machine really... wish i was. I just know how to start chatting to girls, then thenext bit making em laugh. If you can do that, you're alright!

You don't need to be oil painting, brad pitt lookie likey either. Although it would help! I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a pretty boy (hence i'm a bouncer and I look like one too). I just have a lot of self confidence... which is what's required IMHO!

You're totally spot on there DaBouncer.

It is all about self confidence and belief in yourself and very little to do with what you look like. Girls just love that self confidence and guys who are sure about themself ... I recon they they can smell it or something.

It isn't something you can put on either ... but it is something you can develop it i think ... just like anything else.

I am not a totally unconfident person ... only with the chatting up of the girlies that I struggle. I used to teach traditional chinese exercise ... standing in front of groups of people and shouting the odds = no problem ... just the thought of chatting to a cute girl = nervous wreck !!!

There must be loads of guys like me ... I am just totally 100% determined to change it ... cos it is just not fun.

I figure the speed dating thing will help me to feel relaxed and comfortable and be myself around women. Just what I need.

Will defo keep u all informed of progress Lindsy :) ... if you don't mind me rabbiting on that is !?

I dont mind at all - and if me or bouncy boy can help we will !!