RISK 'World Conquest Game'

Do any of you good people like a good, mildly competetive game of the classic world conquest game Risk?

Does any one have any tactics, strategies et al.

Where do you think the best starting point is, personally I like to build up in Africa and control the strategically important middle east.

Anyone fancy joining me and a couple of mates for a game. Live in Sheffield's south west.

p.s. The Red Army is already taken.

I'd be up for a game of Risk.

Also am fond of Axis and Allies (if moves are restricted to a sensible 5mins per player per turn or so).

Furthermore, I enjoy playing PC multiplayer strategy games like Civ III PTW or Europa Universalis II. If enthusiasts of these games can be found in the Sheffield area, I wouldn't mind having my house being taken for a weekend for a strategy-lanparty.

But first things first.. I'm up for Risk!

-Armin

Calling all risk players - have you tried Diplomacy?

Could never go back to Risk now.....

7 players 6 hours of lies, deceit backstabbing and treachery.

No tedious dice rolling

Easy rules

Henry Kissingers Favourite Game! Realpolitik in your own living room.

Calling all risk players - have you tried Diplomacy?

It's been a while... like 10years or so ... but would play it again :)

I'll take Austria-Hungary! :P

-Armin

I think the key to risk is to establish control over one of the lesser continents as soon as possible. I like to control australaisa as it guarantees extra armies and is quite easy to defend.

The key terrotories come in pairs like the north africa - brazil link and alaska to yatousk corrider.

Risk is a fantastic game, i've got a variant, (lord of the rings risk) not as good but it adds variety in the gameplay and tactics

Get a life i cannot believe u have started a thread about risk the game! Go out and meet some real people not plastic soldiers!

I'll be up for a game of risk.

Tactics change depending on number of players.

2 playes = person who goes first always wins (all armies on one space ... capture max number of territories ... don't bother about continents).

3+ players = engineer situations where the other players are at each others throats (wearing each other down) ... while you avoid conflict and build up your strength.

Many a night have been spent with my friends playing this. I managed to get a really good box set of this for 50p in a charity shop.

I'm terrible at it. I am far too trusting and listen to too much advice from my supposed best friend while playing!!!

Originally posted by Haza

Get a life i cannot believe u have started a thread about risk the game! Go out and meet some real people not plastic soldiers!

You are no good at it either then?

Ahhh.....but these are games you play with other players, so it would be going out and meeting people.

:-)

let's play already :) who's hosting?

Did you write the above insult on a wifi laptop in the great outdoors surrounded by real people?

I doubt it. Maybe you should think before you hit the Post Reply button...

Moving on...*ahem*...hehe I used to love Risk but stopped playing when (ashamed to say it) a game ended up in mass fisticuffs! I used to share a house with the guys I was in a band with so we lived a bit TOO much in each others pockets.

We used to have a few beers and *stuff* and chill with a game of Risk but it soon became the outlet for all our frustrations with each other. I shall never forget the bassist grabbing the board, slamming it shut (pieces flying everywhere) and whacking the drummer over the head shouting "I saw you nick my f**kin army from Kamchatka!"

Whilst they were tussling on the ground I stole a look at their mission cards anyway :P:D