Amraj Indian Restaurant - Crystal Peaks

I hear the new place has now opened, on the roundabout opposite Damons.

Has anybody been yet? What's the food and the prices like?

I'm off there on Saturday, any menu recommendations?

Ive been to the old one and that was nice, good food, good service.

Me and my boyfriend ordered a take out on Sunday (dont know if it came from the new or old restaurant). I had Lamb Bhuna and it was lovely.

I haven't sampled it yet but some friends tried it last week and they were happy with it, they didn't mention the price so it must have been good cos hes tight as a ducks whatsit. Has Damons gone downhill or is it just me being picky ? the meals don't seem to be as good as the used to be.

Never been to Damon's. Heard good things about it though. Is it really pricey??

My boyfriend lives at Waterthorpe (lives across the road from the moss way tram stop) and it seems kinda dead. Are there any good pubs round there??

Guest unners
Originally posted by Emilychee

My boyfriend lives at Waterthorpe (lives across the road from the moss way tram stop) and it seems kinda dead. Are there any good pubs round there??

Gypsy Queen is a nice pub opposite the Peaks

Guest unners
Originally posted by Emilychee

Never been to Damon's. Heard good things about it though. Is it really pricey??

It's Pricey,over rated but popular,god knows why it reminds me of something from the 80's

Martin Daws in the Star gave the Amraj a so-so rating the other night. It sounds as though he liked it but said it was a bit pricey. He also said he got the impression the kitchens were a bit over faced with the amount of people they had to cook for. He said the most expensive dish (a fish one) was rubbish but the rest of his meal was nice. I'll still give it a whirl though. I like the doorman.. full turban, traditional gear and ceremonial sword.. should sort out the nuggets on a Friday night LOL

Damons isn't as good as it was. I think its a bit like MacDonalds for grown ups. One thing is, the kids are guaranteed to like it and its still free on your birthday. They blanch when me and the daughter go in because we share a birthday LOL

The man with turban on the door was a nice touch, Very friendly and enternatining whilst we were queuing to get in. Yes Queuing and it was only 7.30pm. The place was very very busy, but we didn't have to wait too long to get seated and the service was really quick too. We all ordered different starters and mains to try as much as possible. Most people happy with the food they received. I had Saak Tika, which was lovely. Hubby had Chicken jalfrezi and felt it was a bit too mild, but still tasty.

The atmosphere is nice, the decor is light and airy.

The bill (for 4) came to £90.00 which wasn't too bad for three courses and alcohol.

Will definitely go again, and would recommend it to others who would like a 'nice' curry in a 'nice' unrowdy atmoshpere.

LoopyLou.

P.s. re other parts of this thread, Damons is horrid - all the food is greasy and getting a free meal on my birthday would still not tempt me to go back!

I'd recommend the 'buffet night' on Monday's.

All you can eat for £10 or £11.

Cater for everyone. Children also made very welcome.

Still the excellent service as was before (c-peaks).

I also love Damon's. People have mixed feelings about this place but personally I think it's great.

I just don't like cooking at home!!

Hello! Looks like this thread is a few years old. Im thinking of taking my pa for his birthday at the end of May and I heard they do a buffet night on Monday. I've heard mixed reactions so has anybody been? How much is it for the buffet?