How are the Royal Mail getting away with reducing their service levels ?

The point is the service is getting significantly worse whilst the price is going up.

I really don`t know how we`re going to get our post off same day now so all our customers will have to wait 24 hrs longer for their packages......

but surely as a business you must have a cut off point to stop recieving orders.my company cant dispatch anything after 2.30(they can but that is the cut off point for orders for that day) all the other orders go next day.

it may be a good idea to advise your customers that any orders placed after 4pm will be mailed next day.

we've gone form 2 deliveries to 1, the only difference i get my mail sometime between 9am & 1pm. before i got between 9 & 3.(we havent had 2 mail deliveries in 21 years)

but surely as a business you must have a cut off point to stop recieving orders.my company cant dispatch anything after 2.30(they can but that is the cut off point for orders for that day) all the other orders go next day.

it may be a good idea to advise your customers that any orders placed after 4pm will be mailed next day.

we've gone form 2 deliveries to 1, the only difference i get my mail sometime between 9am & 1pm. before i got between 9 & 3.(we havent had 2 mail deliveries in 21 years)

This is a small business and some of what staff there are work on site, thus if there is only one person in the shop the mail will not go till the following day because that member of staff has to stay in the shop until we close, ie at 5.30PM which is when the post is going.... It is perfectly possible that an order received at 9.00AM may now not go until the following day and I can`t tell you how angry that makes me. This is a city of 500,000 not a little village in the back of beyond. The plain unadulterated fact is the b******s have given me (and my customers) a worse service and made my life harder.....

And I thought I was pedantic ... :P:D

I can be quite pedantic, almost like Mr Logic in Viz at times, but at least it proves I read the threads before posting, which maybe many others should do also :thumbsup:

Anyway, back to topic........

For me royal mail is very reasonably priced and although the deliveries are pretty late (sometime 4pm) I don't mind so much.

They can keep doing what they're doing formy liking :thumbsup:

But how many things do you post and, crucially, how many are "time sensitive" ?

But how many things do you post and, crucially, how many are "time sensitive" ?

I post about 40-50 packets a week and they need to arrive within a day or two.

I post about 40-50 packets a week and they need to arrive within a day or two.

I can only assume you have (what is now) the luxury of a late collection post box near you, or you are able to get out during the working day to post your mail. Unfortunately for us neither is the case........

I can only assume you have (what is now) the luxury of a late collection post box near you, or you are able to get out during the working day to post your mail. Unfortunately for us neither is the case........

Yes this is true...lunch time is the best time to send the mail for me.

However if you run a business and send a lot of mail they will collect (for a fee).

This is a small business and some of what staff there are work on site, thus if there is only one person in the shop the mail will not go till the following day because that member of staff has to stay in the shop until we close, ie at 5.30PM which is when the post is going.... It is perfectly possible that an order received at 9.00AM may now not go until the following day and I can`t tell you how angry that makes me. This is a city of 500,000 not a little village in the back of beyond. The plain unadulterated fact is the b******s have given me (and my customers) a worse service and made my life harder.....

Why not arrange with Royal mail to have your post collected?

Many thanks to those who suggested asking the Royal Mail to collect from my business, I`ll investigate this but I can`t help thinking that our volumes of post may mean this is unjustifiable (cost wise).

The thing is I shouldn`t have to be scrabbling around trying to reorganise my business (at greater cost and/or inconvenience) because the Royal Mail has drastically reduced it`s service levels. Moving the last collections forward one and a half hours is totally unacceptable. We could just about cope if it was half an hour or even one hour (forward to 6.30 or 6.00 PM), but one and a half hours is just taking the bleedin` P***.

If they can get away with this God knows what they`ll try next.....

I dunno if its related, but our postie has taken to not bothering to knock when he's delivering a package and just drops the red slip straight through with the mail, so I have to collect it next day.

Has anyone else seen / notice this happenin.

Our postie doesn't do packets or parcels anymore, a guy in a van does them all. Perhaps because of all the junk mail the walking postie now has to deliver?

Our postie doesn't do packets or parcels anymore, a guy in a van does them all. Perhaps because of all the junk mail the walking postie now has to deliver?

Absolutely, they`re more bothered about delivering annoying rubbish to us (because it makes them money) than providing a service.

I`m telling you now, if the Royal Mail get away with what they`ve already done, what will they do next ? How about collections in the morning and deliveries in the afternoon ? That way they could possibly get away with employing 30% less staff. The fact everyone would have to wait an extra day for their mail is not something they`re bothered about......