Sheffield Star Newspaper

Do you still intend to buy the Sheffield Star?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still intend to buy the Sheffield Star?

• Yes I intend to still buy the Sheffield Star
    • No I am not going to buy the Sheffield Star

What's the point it has always been available in town round about lunch time. What difference does an hour make"Less up to date local daily news"

Has anybody else noticed all the mistakes in spelling etc in the paper now

The Star has being going steadily downhill for a few years. It's not really a newspaper any more, just a social circular with a few adverts. I'd put it on a par with the Sixer, for those who live in Sheffield 6, or those free papers that come round once a week.

Compare it with the Yorkshire Post and you find it short on news, current affairs, political comment, business, sport and features. It's a shame for such a big city to have such a parochial, inconsequential paper. All the good stuff went over to the Telegraph ages ago. Maybe that should come out more than once a week.

The Star has being going steadily downhill for a few years. It's not really a newspaper any more, just a social circular with a few adverts. I'd put it on a par with the Sixer, for those who live in Sheffield 6, or those free papers that come round once a week.

Compare it with the Yorkshire Post and you find it short on news, current affairs, political comment, business, sport and features. It's a shame for such a big city to have such a parochial, inconsequential paper. All the good stuff went over to the Telegraph ages ago. Maybe that should come out more than once a week.

I couldn't agree with you more. It has gone downhill for years and now printing it outside the city with yesterday's news in is the final straw.

One of my colleagues is reading todays edition, and he's adamant that they've reprinted last Tuesdays TV and Radio guide in today's edition......I think he's right too!!!

:hihi:

One of my colleagues is reading todays edition, and he's adamant that they've reprinted last Tuesdays TV and Radio guide in today's edition......I think he's right too!!!

They have printed another town's Cineworld cinema guide in the Star a couple of times to my knowledge.

All the good stuff went over to the Telegraph ages ago. Maybe that should come out more than once a week.

It makes me giggle how people still have this perception that the Telegraph is better. It's basically the top pick of a week's worth of news from the Star. It's put together in the same newsroom by the same journalists. It's practically a cut and paste job!

It makes me giggle how people still have this perception that the Telegraph is better. It's basically the top pick of a week's worth of news from the Star. It's put together in the same newsroom by the same journalists. It's practically a cut and paste job!

I thought the only reason people bought the Telgraph was for the property guide?

(You need to clear your PMs BTW).

Apologies for this. What happened was....

Our TV pages are supplied by the PA news agency. They come via a web site. When someone looked this morning, the site had four entries, two for a paper at Peterborough and two for Sheffield. The Peterborough ones were correct unfortuantely the agency had not supplied an updated TV page for Sheffield but had left the previous week's entry on the site. It was assumed, here, that this was the right page and was downloaded with the consequent embarrassment.

Sorry about that. It was human error and trust that the person in question has learned to be more careful in future.

Deputy Editor

Our TV pages are supplied by the PA news agency. They come via a web site. When someone looked this morning, the site had four entries, two for a paper at Peterborough and two for Sheffield. The Peterborough ones were correct unfortuantely the agency had not supplied an updated TV page for Sheffield but had left the previous week's entry on the site. It was assumed, here, that this was the right page and was downloaded with the consequent embarrassment.

Sorry about that. It was human error and trust that the person in question has learned to be more careful in future.

Deputy Editor

I would expect the Deputy Editor to be able to spell unfortunately!!! More human error!!!???

Deputy Editor

Monday & Tuesday had the same Russell Grant Horoscopes printed both days!!