World Fire Fighter Games Sheffield

well will i be able to meet some locals

this reason behind this post is so that i may begin friendships with locals before i arrive, and so that when i am over in your country i will be able to meet and share a few ales with my new found friends.

rabbit

I'm thinking ...........hmmmmm yum yum just how many firefighters are coming ? Where are these events at ? If it's down the Valley then an idea place to stay would probably be the travel or premier lodge or for a pub the nooses and gibbert ?

and I am thinking OMG how wonderful!!

I do have some blurb actually, let me see

The world firefighter games has been described as a mini Olympics. It is expected to attract 4500 competitors with an additional 3000 guests from 40 countries.

It is a major international sporting event which has been held biennially since its inception in 1990.

28th August - 4th September next year 2004

That will be 4500 firefighters in Sheffield for my birthday then....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!

i cant wait

well louiseb

That will be 4500 firefighters in Sheffield for my birthday then....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!

we would be honoured to help celebrate your day of birth in true fire fighter tradition.

which is lots of alcahol, dancing on tables, and the traditional running of the bulls ( to which i will have to explain when in company)

but we are out for having a good time and hope to meet all you guys when we arrive .

we will be staying on afterwards to have a break from training.

i will be bringing a team of 4-6 guys, we live in between brisbane and the sunny gold coast (which of course is in queensland.)

we hope to stay at a place that can alow us to bunk down with perhaps our own cooking facilitys and stuff so that can settle in easily.

but we would like to hopefully strike up some friendships before then.

what sort of a pubs name is the nooses and gibbert.

lindseyw

:o :o :o

steve

I was in NZ last year for the games. Had tried to contact John Redpath as he left a message on my mobile but the phone number was unclear. Is he one of your members travelling over? I am also going to Sheffield too.

:) Should be great......can not wait to hit the night life .....in great aussie style of course

Cheers Teen (WA)

Hi there, if you are still looking for accoomodation: We are a local venue finding agency and have a some rooms on hold. Prices starting from £ 60.00 per room per night inc breakfast and if you book with us it doesn't cost you any thing extra, as our services are free of charge!

Regards

Does anyone know which countries are participating in the games?