World Fire Fighter Games Sheffield

Hi wendy,

I too attended the games in Paris, and also attended the first games New zealand. were you on the organising team in paris. if so did you have an wrist injury. if not , we may have never met. hahahaha

as of this stage we're not sure where the games village in sheffield will be. in relation to all of shefield.

but is sure is good to hear from you.

i would like to keep in touch, and seeing as i live in sunny Queensland and right on the heart of the Gold Coast. if i can be of any help organising or co-ordinating promotional activites i would be only too keen to help. even if just a contact point. also if there is any new details regarding the games that i should be aware of just give me an email . yes i have visited the official web site for the games. and yes am waiting for an update.

also busily trying to raise some funds we do have a Fire fighter calender coming out soon any chance helping distibute it, we are seeking to have it put on disk as a screensaver. anyone interested. we also have some caps for sale any takers.

with regards to the accomodation at the uni. who will be organising that, will we have to go through the games organisers or thru the uni themselves. for our purposes it sounds ideal though.

keep in touch

Steve

My understanding is that the Games village will be build in Don Valley Grass Bowl - about 4 miles east of the city centre but really easy to get to using the tram system. Lots of work still to do to get the event together but am pretty sure it will rival anything you've already seen in France and NZ (& no, no wrist injury!) Look at www.victoriahall.com for details of the accommodation that will suit you - not only is it a great price, it's in the city centre, near to the bars (obviously as trained athletes you'll not be interested in these) shops etc and also less than 5 minutes walk to a tram stop (10 minute journey) to the games village!

Anything else you need to know? :lol:

hi wendy,

good to hear from you . obviously as trained athletes we would want to celebrate our victories so local bars and clubs will be crucial to our celebrations. hehehehe hopefully you will be able to help us celebrate our good fortunes and inform us of local customs and rituals.

i will check in on victoria hall accom. is it better to wait for the games team to organise accom or do it ourselves.

well it seems that we may have not met , but hopefully we will get a chance to meet when we come over.

hopefully will get an adress of you and send a firefghters CD rom screen saver over for you.

regards

steve

Make yourself at home up here in the North and I'm sure the people will show you the highlights of the M1 corridor nightlife (Leeds, Wakefield, Barnsley and Sheffield are all excellent nights out). There are loads of short term house lets available at reasonable prices and B&B starts at around £15-20 a night, if you don't stay at the village.

If you're especially nice I'll let you have details of my friends. She has a thing for firemen and Australia, so you could be in luck, but I'll have to see how I go on first....

Look forward to seeing you round the place. Show us all how to do a proper BBQ.....

(I forgot to mention - there is always snowboarding available. Although it's not on snow)

ah but you could do it on the virtual snow ;) its cold and everything :D

Steve

It would probably be best for you to book your accommodation direct with Victoria Hall. I am not sure how the reservation process will work via the event administration.

I will pass your offer of help to promote the event on to the right people, no doubt someone will be in contact with you, but it probably wont be until after the 28th August 2003 as this is the date being used to launch the event.

Thanks for the offer of a CD rom - it would be useful for us to be able to compare the differences (cultural - obviously) between Australian firefighters and those featured in the current British Firefighter Calendar!!

Wendy

welll gang i have returned, i ma sorry however it has been tragc over here lately with the death of a fire fighter.

i want to meet up with all of you people when over there.

steve

please get on board

who can help some aussie firefighters comming over next year.

we are suffering because of our lousy dollar, and it will be a struggle just to get there.

so tips on where to stay , where not to stay .

which pubs to go, which not, to sort of thing

:help:

rabbit

What are you coming over to do ? Be Firefighters here ? There are a few cheap B & B's around and a wonderful pub on Ecclesall Road called Classic Rock ;)

Although thats NOT Ecclesall.....apparently ;)

fire fighter games :D

the world is coming next year to your city.

you will have athletes comming from all over the world

to compete.

a pub hey now that an idea , we could set ourselves up in a pub have it like a unofficial get together spot.

rabbit

Got any dates for this event?

I'm sure Fuzzy Purple (and I guess a few other ladies) will be interested to know.

:)

Nomme

How many events are there and what actual events take place?