Fishing in Loxley - Where Abouts Exactly?

i used to fish marshalls years ago,but you had to book your day ticket as there were only about 16 pegs,some good tench in the warmer weather on sweet corn

Last time i went looking for the place in question (Loxley Fisheries), all i could find was a small place that was full of weed. As you turn left down the little lane off Loxley Rd, you park somewhere near a works of some kind and the little pond is up a small bank on your right?? Is this correct? I think Hepworth Refractories used to be round the back in the yard.:help:

well for your imformation Supertattoo it is not full of weed idiot it has 5 or 6 lily pads and thats it . Fantastic pond though good barbel on meat and hemp

Has anyone fished Loxley Fisheries lately I am planning a few visits in the coming weeks and am desperate to hook into a good barbel on pole or rod.

i think the pond bloomdido mentioned maybe hamer's pond at the bottom of rowell lane. in the late 70's-early 80's the company i worked for rented the pond off the hamers. when the father died the son wanted to double the rent and was refused point blank. the next time we went to fish all the fish had been removed and the pond drained! to my knowledge it's still an overgrown hole in the ground.

Has anyone fished Loxley Fisheries lately I am planning a few visits in the coming weeks and am desperate to hook into a good barbel on pole or rod.

Have a wonder down, it's not a million miles from Wincobank and I'm sure the bailiff will give you some advice. If your "desperate to hook into a good barbel on pole or rod" get yourself down to the Trent but don't take your pole, take a good rod with a 2lb test curve.