The Strixes' Schiehallion Shufti

We went to Scotland last week :D

No trip up there is complete without tackling at least one Munro, so this was the one we attempted, which can be found by parking here and walking up to here, where the views are a bit like this!

We staggered across the ridge from cairn to cairn in the thick cloud, but had to give up due to poor visibility, not knowing how far we were from the summit, and the rocky terrain taking its toll on a certain person's paws ;)

In a fashion only Scotland could muster, we found ourselves shrouded in the kind of cloud that usually makes your hair curl, and sticks to everything leaving you sopping wet - although it hasn't actually rained. On this occasion we remained bone dry :confused:

We met several people on the way up, and the way down, who were happy to stop and chat :D

Anybody else been here?

Strix dear, I don't want to unduely worry you but you seem to have been accompanied on your trip by a mysterious spectre.

If you are familier with the Stories of M R James you might recognise the apparition as the one in "Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You, My Lad".

I'd be a bit more careful in future:)

Yeah, the first walk we went on with the new car was in Wales, and I think this bloke may have climbed in the car when we weren't looking :shocked:

:hihi:

So now you've recce'd it, Strix, when are you taking all of us? :D

Next time we can find travelodge rooms in the area for £15 a night ;)