The fireworks / bonfire night megathread. All discussion (but not events) here.

It was the South Yorkshire Wood Fair. Advertised on here, the front page of the council website and lots of flyers/leaflets everywhere.

Is there any other people like me that dont like/prefer this time of year? Cos there is the following..

- Halloween.. Trick or treaters! Meh!

- Bonfire night.. Many of fireworks going of! And silly people wanting to shoot them at people. Meh!

Christmas! Need i say more?!

New year is fun tho!

Jan - Sept is all good.. Dont you agree?

Is there any other people like me that dont like/prefer this time of year? Cos there is the following..

- Halloween.. Trick or treaters! Meh!

- Bonfire night.. Many of fireworks going of! And silly people wanting to shoot them at people. Meh!

Christmas! Need i say more?!

New year is fun tho!

Jan - Sept is all good.. Dont you agree?

So do you actually like doing anything? :hihi:

My favourite season is spring (signs that summer is on its way, new life, nights drawing out and so on) but my second favourite is autumn.

When the nights draw in and there's that chill in the air. The sky in the evening is very often beautiful. Trees are a flame of colour, their discarded leaves creating a colourful, crispy blanket on the floor. Even the smell of rotting leaves and vegetation is great!

Getting in from work, the house is a warm cocoon, curtains/blinds closed/drawn, shutting the cold and dark outside. Lamps in the corner of rooms add to the warmth inside.

Or better, to leave work or home and head for the pub with its warmth, maybe a fire on, to take off your coat and enjoy a drink whilst outside it's cold and going dark.

For the kids, conker picking, trampling in those leaves in their coats, hats and scarves (and maybe mittens and wellies!). Halloween, pumpkins, dressing up - the excitement in their eyes - and then Bonfire Night where it's now even colder. Children's eyes reflecting the colours of fireworks, toffee apples, bonfire toffee and being wrapped up against the elements.

Christmas approaches. The trees and deccies in shops, then in houses. School term time coming to a close. Christmas programmes on TV, old favourite songs on the radio. Snow or even the chance of snow.

Waiting.

It's a great season IMO (but you'll notice I haven't mentioned the parental stress of Christmas shopping, finding things for the kids to do, deciding where we're spending Christmas day/eve/night and the whole expense of it all!).

What are you talking about, this is a great time of year! Everywhere is getting wintery and cosy, you can start to wear big snuggly coats again, people start getting excited about Christmas, Halloween is like a warm up to everything :love:

Actually i dislike march cos between 22-30th i got 5 birthdays.

I tell me mates dont ask me out march i am always skint.

I also have 2 relatives that share same birthday april then two that shar same september.

Why cant they have them further apart,or not at all.lol

charlie

I love this time of year, the days get nice and cool/cold, the weather is more friendly (less sunburn!!) the colours in nature are fantastic and its the season before winter

:banana:*does a little snow dance*:banana:

So do you actually like doing anything? :hihi:

Yeah, i like moaning! :D

And not to mention the kids who do penny for the guy like a month early!

Ha! Im such a grumpybum! :hihi:

Whilst there are nice things about Autumn - colours of the trees against a blue sky & all that milarky, I do get depressed when the nights are sooooo long. I love the Spring, it never ceases to amaze me how nature springs to life, and then there's cherry blossom and.........I think I might just hibernate until then!

Guest Pauly

Halloween is ok although last year I lived on the Manor during that time and we taped up our letterbox and covered the small window in the door so they couldn't we could walk around in the house without kids looking in and banging on the door. Dressed-up little kiddies with their parents are cute but 15 yr old hoodies who don't even bother dressing up and just bang on your door yelling "trick o' treat!!" aren't really entering into the spirit of things and aren't likely to get the door answered.

I'll add more later when I have more time. Gotta go out. :D

And not to mention the kids who do penny for the guy like a month early!

Ha! Im such a grumpybum! :hihi:

Oh you've got it in one! Grumpybum indeed! :hihi:

Everything is more fun when you're younger... Dont be so mardy! :P