The fireworks / bonfire night megathread. All discussion (but not events) here.

I know a lot of people usually set them off when celebrating the Hindu festival Divali and thats in October some time I think soo maybe its for that?

Saying that though there are already loads on sale in the shops so its probably kids anyway!

Its that time of year again, well not quite :huh: :huh: :huh:, yep fireworks i cant believe it bang bang bang, thought there was a law about it or has'nt it come in yet or was i even dreaming ??????:suspect:

Its just as likely to be gunshots or terrorist bombs as fireworks.....sign of the times I am afraid.

Its that time of year again, well not quite :huh: :huh: :huh:, yep fireworks i cant believe it bang bang bang, thought there was a law about it or has'nt it come in yet or was i even dreaming ??????:suspect:

What's your problem exactly? It's kind of hard to tell from your post.

Maybe if you lived on the Manor and have an 8 month old baby upstairs trying to sleep you would understand why they are annoying! Especially as round here they sound like bombs and go on every night all night for 3 months of every year!. :mad:

Ive got a 2 yr old and a 4 month old baby and my god they drive me mad, both of mine have been woke up by them. I dont mind on bonfire night as its one night but the idiots that set them off all the time :rant: Saw a gang of kids the otherday doing some about 6pm :huh:

I remember one night about 2 years ago I was sat in the Lounge trying to watch a film on TV, and all I could hear was the BANG BANG BANG of fireworks! In the end I got so fed up I went on Faxyourmp.com and sent a message to Helen Jackson (Then Labour MP for Hillsborough) to complain, got a big massive 8 page document back all about how they were changing the laws surrounding the sale and use of fireworks.

Can't people ring the 101 number for this? Even if nothing is done, is should get registered, and if enough people phone...

I agree sall my kids aren`t as young as yours but it still wakes `em up. My 8 year old is terrible he hates fireworks, and agree round Manor seems noisy!

itll soon be over with a bang

Why do peeps bover to get ryhled about fireworks.

http://www.nsca.org.uk/pages/environment_facts/firework_effects.cfm

Noise

Fireworks can frighten people and animals. In particular children and the elderly can be intimidated and scared by firework noise. Farm animals have been scared to death, literally, and startled animals have been injured, killed and caused accidents when bolting. Disturbing domestic pets can also be dangerous as panicked pets can be vicious and destructive.

Average 1000 people a year injured

Wonder how much that costs the NHS

http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file30136.pdf

.............2005 2004 2003

Year Total 990 1160 1136

http://www.biba.org.uk/consumer/consumernotes/archive/1.html

BIBA urges home insurance health-check before bonfires lit

With 1000 people destined to be injured and thousands of pounds worth of property damage just waiting to happen during this year's bonfire night celebrations, the British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) is warning homeowners to double check their insurance cover before lighting the bonfire or setting off any fireworks to avoid any excessive financial heat.

So we have a load of damage, dead animalsand about 1000 human injuries a year as well as the noise and so on.

Any other questions munky ?

where's the best non-hallam fm sponsored bonfre going to be this year? Preferably with fireworks!