The fireworks / bonfire night megathread. All discussion (but not events) here.

Following this years crackdown on yobs setting off fireworks at all hours, and for months on end, it all seems strangely quiet so far. I was initially very sceptical of the effectiveness of such a scheme, but it does seem to have worked at least in Loxley, Rivelin, Walkly etc. Has anyone noticed the difference in other areas?

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing last night (Hillsborough area) - it doesn't seem to have been anywhere near so bad this year. Yet.

Give it time, the fireworks have only just gone on sale in the last week.

I think making letting them off after 11 just leads people to think that they can make as much noise as they like before 11. It does seem to have started later in the year than usual though.

Seems no different where I live (Heeley), but then I can't remember ever having seen a policeman all the time I have lived here.

It's much getter than last year. There were some gits letting them of around 1am last night though

I've noticed a real difference this year. Last year in the 2-3 week run up to 5th Nov, fireworks were going off every night.

I can only remember hearing about half a dozen in total so far this year.

yeah, it seems much quiter her in high green than it has done on previous years, i've actually been able to take my dog on thorncliffe playing fields without the dog shaking & fireworks been aimed at me. it also seems much quiter in doncaster too!

Guest Ant

The fireworks around Hackenthorpe are usually bustin' out by mid October. This year I've heard one bang. My cats think Christmas has come early. Literally.

not much better than last year in firth park area my poor litte doggy like word war 3 last nite fri

Well, there's bazillions of em going off right now where I live. Not a single copper to be seen and its been happening 3 weeks ish.

Can't quite tell where it's coming from but there are a lot of narsty little sods round here with no sense and too much money.

Originally posted by Rich

Give it time, the fireworks have only just gone on sale in the last week.

what do you mean thereon sale fifty 2 weeks a year in rotherham