Teenagers and young people in general

Frankly, no, not in my opinion, provided they do their school work they can do what they want in their own time. what would you rather they do ?

(I've asked this several times now and you haven't suggested anything "possitive" or "constructive" they could be doing instead)

Yes play football as we as a nation are bloody struggling, join a youth centre, many sports, recreational indoor activities are too many to mention.

Its funny you laugh at me doing my homework and now you emphasise school work. Its a pity it took you about 5 posts to show this.

Yes play football as we as a nation are bloody struggling, join a youth centre, many sports, recreational indoor activities are too many to mention.

Its funny you laugh at me doing my homework and now you emphasise school work. Its a pity it took you about 5 posts to show this.

lol nice...... :thumbsup:

Could they play football in the street, or would that be anarchic ?

I haven't emphasised it, and neither did you, you assumed that beacuse I think it's ok to hang out with your mates I was saying "don't go to school kids, get a gun and embark on a life of crime".

But at least we now have a list of things you think are a worthwile way to spend your spare time, though how "indoor activities" (table tennis, card games, tiddlywinks ?) are more constuctive and positive than being outdoors chatting with your mates I don't know.

all teenagers? i'm not gonna waste my time arguing it... but im a teenager and has anyone seen me loitering on the streets lately?

It's the same in school, the bad pupils get rewards when they behave well for one day, while students like myself get no recognition for years of hard work. I try not to let it bother me too much however, as guess who'll have the last laugh when she graduates?:D

Don't worry hun you will have the last laugh- I was the same when I was growing up. The naughty kids got to go go-karting whilst I was stuck in double chem! Now I see them and laugh. I have a great degree and a good job. Its a shame more kids aren't brought up to have pride in what they want. Don't get me wrong I'm no angel but I don't intimidate others to get my kicks

i cant really see any 15 year olds with guns tbh...

But 16 year olds yes...

shut up david :P ure not helping

Cyclone, i am still standing to my moral grounds. I do not find any thing positive in hanging around street corners at all hours of the night. Call me old fashioned but I am a proud father and live in an inner city. If my son can finish university and graduate or become a footballer, stay out of trouble, I will be proud. If I can go to my work at the youth centre and get a dj spot for a boy that has done nothing in his life but sold drugs, I will be glad for him. If I stand back and say it is alright for kids to hang out at all hours at night I may as well quit my job now. Im finished with this debate as I feel some of you on here are not here to help the kids as they are complaining of boredom.

I never mentioned 'all hours' you previously referred to 10pm, which is what I talked about.

The fact that kids do not spend all their time indoors does not automatically turn them into delinquents and druggies. I hung around with my friends in various places as a teenager. In our parents houses, in a shed that one family put a table in for us, in the local park, in the local woods, and en route between all those places.

Most of us went to university, didn't become druggies or get arrested and now have decent degrees and decent jobs.

all teenagers? i'm not gonna waste my time arguing it... but im a teenager and has anyone seen me loitering on the streets lately?

I think I saw you the other night... no... wait, no it was someone else.

Oh well. :P

Don't worry hun you will have the last laugh- I was the same when I was growing up. The naughty kids got to go go-karting whilst I was stuck in double chem! Now I see them and laugh. I have a great degree and a good job. Its a shame more kids aren't brought up to have pride in what they want. Don't get me wrong I'm no angel but I don't intimidate others to get my kicks

Yeah it's quite funny to know that while I've got 3 good A Levels and am ready to start uni next year, the people who laughed at me and my friends when they got to go to Alton Towers instead of studying now have nothing to show for the last two years!:hihi:

You should be proud of yourself, I know I am and will be even more proud when I've achieved what you have! :thumbsup:

Yes i agree soem teengers are up to no good. Im 18 i used to just walk the streets with mates because there was nothing else to do! Its boring, but why do all teenagers get branded the same trouble makers, up to good. Half of those that do walk around the streets with nothing to do.

If someone did something about it, i dont think half as much crime and so on would happen.

I dont do it anymore as i have commitments but there is simply nothing to do for young people out there, the things that young people can do are expensive. Yes some are just put to cause trouble but not all.

This thread is just liek a young perosn saying that all old people are ignorant ill mannered and disrespectful too young people, yes not all of them are but some of them are because of stereotypical minds!

It's wrong to imply that all young people are upto no good.

Most youngsters are decent people unfortunately we only hear about the thugs and thieves.