Have Cineworld got too greedy?

Last time I went to the cinema (I can't even remember what I saw!) it *did* look a bit empty. I guess if two people went (2x£6) and each had a snack (2x£3ish) and shared a drink (£2) they'd easily rinse £20. Plus whatever it cost you to get there, a fiver if you used the tram.

Blimey that's not cheap. Is it just Cineworld? What are the prices like at the other one?

And then if you take 2 kids there's not much change out of thirty quid. I sometimes get the kids to take their sweets and crisp from home and a few cans of pop. For a family on a tight budget in the school holidays it soon adds up!:sad:

What ever the cost of inflation, thats almost FIVE hours pay for some people, but at least we don't go regularly so it's still a 'treat' and not a usual occurance, which takes some of the edge off the visit for the kids.

They usually get more time pleasure out of a PS2 game for the same price!

Even ice skating's friendlier on the wallet.:)

My other half been today and was charged £8.50 before 12pm ..Last time we went a couple month back was £6 .. Have checked on cineworld pricelist and yes its £8.50 why the sudden rise .. will be sticking to 241 wednesdays and vue cinema from now on ..

Sudden lol, the thread is 8 years old....

Get an unlimited card, far cheaper! Food is a rip off so don't buy it. Saying that it costs only £3 to rent the DVD is like saying I can buy a can of beer for £1, why should i pay £3 for a pint in a pub? You're paying to watch the film in the cinema.

Get an unlimited card, far cheaper! Food is a rip off so don't buy it. Saying that it costs only £3 to rent the DVD is like saying I can buy a can of beer for £1, why should i pay £3 for a pint in a pub? You're paying to watch the film in the cinema.

Can you still rent DVDs? But regardless of that with downloads etc the whole family and a few mates can watch a download film for a couple of quid. To take that lot to the cinema would knock you back £50.

A few years ago..when this thread was launched.. I'd agree with you about the bonus of watching a film at the cinema. But with 55 inch flat screen TVs I'd rather watch a film at home than listen to folk opening bags of sweets, rattling popcorn and getting me to stand up every 10 minutes so they can drain off the 6 pints they drank before going into the cinema.

It's not the cost, its the service. The bell enders that sit there on their phones chatting and the fact that I have to miss part of the film getting the staff to have them removed. For the price charged I expect the staff to be watching the audience like a hawk and pounce on anyone causing a nuisance.

Buy a projector and a decent surround system at home, a miles better experience. Mind you, watching Inception did make the windows rattle a bit.

They've also started doing allocated seating which is a proper nuisance as you can't pick your seats if you're booking at the desk and could mean you end up next to some imbecile!

I go on a wednesday when you get a free ticket with orange phones. It's is a rip-off now though, £3.10 for some Nacho's!!

And the cheese is always cold.

My main gripe is the parking, or lack of it.

A few of us went to see Mrs Brown De'Movie (not my choice!) last week. Super sound quality, great quality screen, decent seats, nice and clean, helpful, courteous staff. Some kids were a little bit noisy at first in the back corner, but not overly so, and I think it adds to the atmosphere a little. The only complaint I have regarding the in cinema experience was there was some sound bleeding from the adjacent screening and quite a bit of the heavy bass/explosions(?) sounds were bleeding through. I felt the sound for our screening was absolutely spot on. Despite finding the film a let down, it was otherwise a very good experience - but I was very lucky to get parked reasonably easily on this occasion.

Unlimited Cards have gone up to £16.99 now.. the only contract I signed up for was £13.99 yet they just put it up when they want without offering any more bonuses.

The Unlimited Card specific queue has been abolished.

I get discount at places I'll never go (Centretainment Restaurants)

Don't have to pay extra for 3D films - but I do for IMAX

The best thing to do is go on orange Wednesdays for the buy one get one free. You don't have to be on the orange network just find someone who is and get them to forward the text.