I want a ring made specially - who does them?

Is it goldsmiths. who has 1 man band's who specially make them. I cannot find a website.

or if anyone can tell me who does them.

Don't know how good/expensive he is but there's a bloke who does bespoke jewellery in one of the galleries above orchard square.

My sister got her wedding ring specially made to fit her engagement ring. It was by a gentleman who owns a jewellery shop on Worksop Road in Swallownest - opposite the dentist.

The work he did was great and he will make any kind of ring to suit your style.

Sorry don't know the name of it though!

hi,try my work,we do all sorts,whatever your after,all times of hand made jewellery to suit.its linx jewellers rotherham.

Was there a jeweller called Maurice Bywater who made jewellery? If I remember, he was above Headlines hairdressers, on fargate. I don't know if he still trades.

Sorry its spelt Morris! (hes on Pinstone Street)

There is also someone called Jenny Gill on Matilda Street who manufactures jewelerry.

Try Links Jewelry in ROtherham. Near the Rotherham Football club they made me a ring from scrap gold. I had some items of gold that had broken or lost one earing.

If you can get to Birmingham there is what is known as the Jewellery Quarter woth many working jewellers We had our wedding rings made to our own designs and they were very reasonable ten years ago. The fact of a lot together gives a wide choice and the competition keeps the prices reasonable.

Hope all goes well

the jeweller at swallownest is called Ellipse,

hes made me a few things but he does need lots of notice,

especially leading up to Christmas.but the items he made me were beautiful and exactly what I wanted

We had ours done by a guy called Stephen up at Ridgeway Craft Centre.

We kind of found him by accident the week before we were planning on going to the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter :thumbsup:

Hi

There was a recent thread on this / look up silver / handmade / ring....

I remember someone quoting the jeweller on Glossop road in Broomhill. Not sure of the name. He makes many different types of ring.

Good luck. If I can find the thread I will post it.

Found them but can't seem to hyperlink them. I think I need some forum lessons.

If you can't link search handmade adn scrowl down. Some good ideas and contacts on both.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=142682&highlight=handmade

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143795&highlight=handmade