Attercliffe Non Pot's

Thats what we called it in the Sixties..One of the friendliest clubs in Sheffield i remember...I understand that it no longer exists...But! is the Building still there ????.

hi... yes the last I heard it was a gay bar. I used to go in a lot when I worked down the road in the 1970's :thumbsup:

Hey up Timbuck, how you keeping

Yes, the old Non Pots Club, on the corner of Effingham Road is still standing. My uncles, all steelworkers (now sadly gone) went in there in the 60's and 70's and The Moulders across the road.

As Trekker says, I think it's some sort of gay bar now. I'll ibe going down "the cliffe" later today so I will try to get you a photo.

Originally posted by Trekker

hi... yes the last I heard it was a gay bar. I used to go in a lot when I worked down the road in the 1970's

Down which road Trekker ?

I worked down Stevenson road at Alloy Steel Rods in the late 70's. Used to go in the Non Pots for a pint or two Saturday lunchtime if we got the overtime. Pie and Peas laid on as well.

It was a very popular club with people who'd been moved out of Attercliffe during the slum clearance who would come from all over Sheffield at weekends.

hi mate, i would reprhase your words if i were u , but im not am i?

Originally posted by Greybeard

Down which road Trekker ?

I worked down Stevenson road at Alloy Steel Rods in the late 70's. Used to go in the Non Pots for a pint or two Saturday lunchtime if we got the overtime. Pie and Peas laid on as well.

It was a very popular club with people who'd been moved out of Attercliffe during the slum clearance who would come from all over Sheffield at weekends.

:clap: Hi there... Snap. I worked at Jonus & Colvers until 1979 :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pietro

Its no longer gay.

Its now the "Dancing Dollar Pole and Lap Dancing Club".

Back to normal then.....I don't know how they got away with some of the strip shows they put on in the old days :o

Thanks for pic's Pietro...The old Club has been through a lot of changes since I was last there, I could only recognise it due to the unusual brickwork, the main double door is a mod: when was this added ???.

One of the my worst recollections of that club in the early seventies was of the doorman refusing a man entrance ,not because he hadn't a club card but because of the colour of his skin .It made me embarrassed to be white

Originally posted by pietro

Hey up Timbuck, how you keeping

Yes, the old Non Pots Club, on the corner of Effingham Road is still standing. My uncles, all steelworkers (now sadly gone) went in there in the 60's and 70's and The Moulders across the road.

As Trekker says, I think it's some sort of gay bar now. I'll ibe going down "the cliffe" later today so I will try to get you a photo.

Ah yes the Moulders club that was a good one to visit...What was the other family club in the Attercliff area, the one where the Concert Chairman always wore a Trilby hat. and there was a mobile shop in the outside yard, selling sweets and stuff.

I think it was the Attercliffe Radical Club which sold papers etc in the yard