Air Coolers?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

One bit of heat and everyone goes ballistic.

All well and good if you're not working with 3 monitor screens and 2 computers in a room that's about 3 meters square... but that's the situation that myself and Jamie are both in...

The room temp hit around 40 degree's at the worst point and it's not a pleasant sort of heat either...

So this ain't OTT this is pure necessity...

Course the flip side is that come winter I don't need any heaters in the office.. but right now, it's a mite on the warm side ;)

Jamie (or Martin) let us know what they're like. I would be interested in knowing whether a) they work any better than a big fan, b) how much noise they make and c) if they leave your eyes and/or throat dry and sore in the morning.

Cheers :)

Will keep you informed Geoff.

I can let you all know that the bowl of ice cubes wasn't such a hot idea after all !!.

Originally posted by Jamie

I can let you all know that the bowl of ice cubes wasn't such a hot idea after all !!.

heh...

I tied a bag of ice cubes in front of the fan... seems to cool things marginally but nothing spectacular..

I picked up a fab device in Thailand called a 'Cooly'. It's a long narrow bag of silicone gel that you run under the tap, it expands and stays cold and you wrap it around your neck. Instantly cools you down.

I've been using a fan in the bedroom too.

So Jamie, Martin - did the cooler turn up?

If so, spill the beans... :)

Originally posted by Geoff

So Jamie, Martin - did the cooler turn up?

If so, spill the beans... :)

Still waiting for my delivery.. got a confirmation but absolutely no time for when it would turn up...

Ice in a bag thing works really well though when placed in front of a fan and a towel put underneath for the condensation..

Takes the edge off :)

Got mine @ 7.45 am this morning.

Actually they delivered 2 ... maybe they sent me yours Martin !? ...

Foolishly I phoned up to report their error ... and I was informed that I had only paid for 1 ...

The verdict ...

It's not as cold as a full on air con unit ... but it is cooling ... maybe if I filled it with ice cubes it would be even more cooling.

Not very quiet though ...

Originally posted by Jamie

Got mine @ 7.45 am this morning.

Actually they delivered 2 ... maybe they sent me yours Martin !? ...

Foolishly I phoned up to report their error ... and I was informed that I had only paid for 1 ...

Wouldn't surprise me.. I've still got nothing here... :rolleyes:

The verdict ...

It's not as cold as a full on air con unit ... but it is cooling ... maybe if I filled it with ice cubes it would be even more cooling.

Not very quiet though ...

Heh.. yep.. ice is a good idea..

Originally posted by Martin_s

Wouldn't surprise me.. I've still got nothing here... :rolleyes:

You know what.. I was joking but it turns out I was bloody right...

Stupid bloody parcelforce (I have been using other names for them) managed to totally screw up the delivery and have sent mine to Jamie..

Unbloody believeable...

Originally posted by Martin_s

Stupid bloody parcelforce (I have been using other names for them) managed to totally screw up the delivery and have sent mine to Jamie..

Ohhhh ... double coolers for me !!

:P

Open it quick Jamie, then Martin can have it cheaper as it's second hand.:thumbsup: