Blonde lass with crutch asking for money

shes asked me a few times, i dont give money, however i think you have to consider her position, to be reduced to 'limping' about begging you gotta feel sorry for her, afterall none of you know her previous life experiences, your all very quick to judge , its not shes living the life of royalty and its very easy to just tell her to get a '******* job' with what qualifications?

Haz

But in the deleted thread it was pointed out numerous times by people who appeared to know, that not only is she not homeless, but she has been given and chosen to reject substantial help several times. As for qualifications, there is nothing stopping anyone going to college. If you find yourself in straitened circumstances beyond your control you deserve help, but if you persistently refuse it, or refuse to do anything to change your situation, the grounds for sympathy diminish. Ultimately people have to take responsibility for their own decisions. And I'm not being 'very quick to judge.' I can say that as one who has been right at the bottom, homeless and sick myself, and who has known others from similar backgrounds.

But in the deleted thread it was pointed out numerous times by people who appeared to know, that not only is she not homeless, but she has been given and chosen to reject substantial help several times. As for qualifications, there is nothing stopping anyone going to college. If you find yourself in straitened circumstances beyond your control you deserve help, but if you persistently refuse it, or refuse to do anything to change your situation, the grounds for sympathy diminish. Ultimately people have to take responsibility for their own decisions. And I'm not being 'very quick to judge.' I can say that as one who has been right at the bottom, homeless and sick myself, and who has known others from similar backgrounds.

Ditto. And I have asked the helpdesk why the thread was deleted, without reply.

I must say though, having been in the slough of despond, (as you, yourself have been), on a few occasions, you do see people who try to grip to the sides to climb out, but return. Most will get out, albeit very wet.

This particular individual is, however, without doubt beyond redemption, which is why she should be made known to people who may be gullible enough to believe her rot, especially newbies to the city, etc.

The photo of her beaming in the Star with the Mayor originally made me want to vomit, before the anger made my blood pressure go through the roof.

And that's as a happyhippy.

wen was she in the star and wot was it for

wen was she in the star and wot was it for

It was about 18 months to 2 years ago with the Mayor, beaming from ear to junkie ear, getting a bowl of soup, looking like innocence itself.

I cant go up Division Strret or West Street with out getting approached by someone, as soon as they say "Excuse me, or I know it';s not your fault" I just say, "Nah, sorry pal" and walk off, they usually just walk away looking for someone else.

I went to the hospital a few times, a few months ago and she was there then as well, asking for some money for the vendor, i feel sorry for her

I found the original thread useful. When she approached me at 1 a.m. in the morning asking for a bus fare, I was able to automatically say no. I thought that persistent begging was an offence...

Bring back the original thread, people should be able to see just how long she has been doing this!

she is a waste. im sure many people have come across albert , he is a genuine homeless who lost everything he had including family. he does not beg or do drugs but he makes the most of life with what he has got.

I was walking over Park square roundabout and saw her going into the trees next to the pedestrian footpath which takes you over to Duke St, she a big bag of goodies with her. Just thought id share that info.

She collared me at 6.45 in town this morning, told her i hadn't got any change and that she was all over the internet so she better change her excuses

what did she say to that? I would be too scared to say anything to her!

yeah the thread was deleted - people were getting concerned that she was getting too much abuse and she may be at risk (apparently)

Well if this is true and the thread got deleted because she was getting "abuse", well all I can say ITS A DISGRACE, the thread should have stayed.

After all look at the "abuse" she hands out if you dont give her some money, but did the SF Mods tell her to stop handing abuse out cause we deleted her thread, I bet not.

Its not as though she is a "genuine" begger, she needs removing from the streets, and all her "side kicks" that patrol the streets.

I just tell them now, "I have no money" even before they approach me, and why they call me "sir" I have no idea, I ain`t knighted. :mad:

Sorry for the rant, but the "non genuine beggars" in Sheffield are becoming a JOKE.

Rant over