Squirrel Problems in S11

why, are scousers a different race? didn't realise

No, I just thought If the whole of the country is playing the race card, Ill hop on the bandwagon too.

Awww

What have Fluffy Little squirrels done to harm anyone - I think Your all MEANIES !!!!:(

Ask the red squirrels that. You'll get a different answer.

Aww... Live And Let Live.... That can even be applied to the odd Scouser! ;)

Ask the red squirrels that. You'll get a different answer.

Are there any left?

Are there any left?

Spent a week on the Isle of Wight last month and saw quite a few. It was great to watch them around the caravan that we were staying in along with a few species of birds that I'VE never seen before.

Within a couple of days of getting back, we had a chipmunk walking along our fence. I have never ever seen one before and if I hadn't been infomed what it was, I would have just thought it was a baby grey squirrel. checking on the web it was definitely a chipmunk though...really cute.:thumbsup:

What some people cannot see, is that if we fed Grey Squirrels with contraceptive laced food throughout the areas where there aren't any Reds, the Greys would die out in 5 to 10 years and we  could then spread / reintroduce Reds throughout Britain. Then, instead of defending bird feeders from the Greys, we could put feeders up specifically for the Reds

Think about it ..........

2 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

What some people cannot see, is that if we fed Grey Squirrels with contraceptive laced food throughout the areas where there aren't any Reds, the Greys would die out in 5 to 10 years and we  could then spread / reintroduce Reds throughout Britain. Then, instead of defending bird feeders from the Greys, we could put feeders up specifically for the Reds

Think about it ..........

Resurrecting a 13yr old thread Hots.. things must be bad at Hillsboro.

Golf balls to Hillsborough. I've got a Squirrel problem. But not for much longer .......

On 13/10/2006 at 11:39, Moyesyside said:

Has anyone noticed the influx of squirrels in the last 2 weeks? Its as if the Pied Piper has cruised into town. Whats the best way of despatching these things? Shoot them? Poison them? Hang by the neck until dead? Would you even think about `kerbing` them.

"kerbing them" or "curbing them" ?  

I must admit, they don't bother me.  I quite like to see them.  I have several coming into my garden every day.  I've not really considered it to be an infestation so far, then again, I don't live in S11, so maybe I'm underestimating the scale of the problem up there?  

On 13/10/2006 at 11:56, TimmyR said:

I know I had 42 in my lounge last night.

You must have been entertaining them?  I hope you checked to see if any of them had a nut allergy first?

On 13/10/2006 at 12:10, Blade1983 said:

what's wrong with Squirrels?

I find the influx of scousers more disturbing! :hihi:

Lol, I was tempted to post something like that 😆

There is no grey squirrel problem where I live.  When I lived in Sheffield there was a lot of grey squirrels, use to see them all the time.  I’ve never seen one since I moved to Newcastle.  It could be because Sheffield is a greener city than Newcastle.  Also there is a lot of red squirrels in parts of Northumberland and I think in County Durham to.  By eradicating the greys the reds seem to be thriving up here.

They set traps to catch grey squirrels then kill them.  Some people eat the greys and I have seen squirrel pie for sale in a village in Northumberland, I don’t fancy grey squirrel for tea.  
I have never tried rabbit but I was told grey squirrels taste the same.