Sharrow Vale Road - help

Hi,

I'm looking for accommodation and have seen this place on Westbrook Bank (first road off Sharrow Vale Road) and was wondering if anyone knows what the area is like? It's kinda near Cemetry Road, which I've heard can be a bit dodgy. But to be honest I know nothing of the area as I've just lived in Crookes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Claire

I would say that it's an Ok area. Quite densly populated with Students.

Mate used to live on sharrow vale road thought it was fine quite nice in fact, dont know your road but same area?

We live just up the hill from Westbrook Bank. Yes, there are a lot of student houses in the area but by and large it's a nice place to live. Plus it's very close to Ecclesall Road and the City Centre.

I live about a 10 minute walk from there. I really like this part of town, there are lots of cafes, restaurants, parks, etc. Generally I think it is quite young and there are a lot of students. The area has a good feel to it, I reckon. Hope you get your new place!

I lived on Westbrook Bank in 1996 for a year and in all that time only had my car nicked once. It was found by Sheff United football ground 9 days later....strangely completely undamaged so it cant be too bad a place to live.....