Anyone been to Sharm el Sheikh?

Ive been warned not to go to parts of the middle east due to high levels of terror threats, me and my partner were thinking of going there but advised not to, so going elsewhere instead......just be careful!

Ive been warned not to go to parts of the middle east due to high levels of terror threats, me and my partner were thinking of going there but advised not to, so going elsewhere instead......just be careful!

There has already been one terrorist attack at Sharm. I would image that the security there would be tighter now than most places.

They also had a plane go down there not so long ago killing everyone on board.

You could argue that they've had their run of bad luck and it is probably the safest place to go on holiday... unless you believe that bad luck comes in threes of course.

You might also consider Hurghada. Coastal resort that is within easy reach of Luxor. Valley of the Kings etc.

Personaly, I would, and have, fly to Cairo, spend a few days there, fly to Aswan go to Abu Simbal, get the train to Luxor, then get the bus to Hurgada. Bus back to Cairo.

Egypt is so wonderful. 'tis my favorite place on earth.

yes its amazing, we went two years ago. tis quite a strict place and u have to cover up in many places, but its worth it. we got a mini bus to cairo and it took about 10 hours, it wasnt a nice trip at all, but when we got therf it was all worth while.

if u can scuba dive, it makes it all the more magical.

it is honestly great, but i get scared abit what with all the bombing, but that didnt stop me going