Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

I was there 1961-1967, this thread has brought back loads of memories. Maggiebell...this history teacher I think you mean was Miss Crowther, now dont ask me how on earth I remembered that cos half the time I cant remember what I did yesterday...classic sign of alzheimers I think!! Anyway I started off in 1o and finished off in secretarial 6th with Mr Shaw.

linda B ... went to King Ecgberts at that time, knew hazel proctor and gill pitts was a good frind of mine I was Jennifer Sykes then also remember gail

Hi Pegaso,I remember your name,but can't put a face to it.I was then Linda Corker,another redhead like Hazel.How are you these days.Ain't it awful getting old? Linda b

I also went to King Ecgberts.....82 to 87 i think.....Been reading thru the 13 pages with great interest, I remember Mr Applehoff, Mr Smiles, headteacher was Mr Able, I also remember Mr Goodwin marrying my Sister!!! The wedding evening consisted of me smoking in front of all the teachers......nothing they could do.....

Wonderful days :hihi:

Ah,Eggies - I can still remember Wessex and Mercia now. Not only did I spend an eventful 5 years of my life there between 1985-1990,but had further links with the place because my mum both cleaned and for a time was a dinner lady there too. I was even in "Our Day Out" too! Although people move about,out of the 220+ people I have as Facebook friends,I can safely say that a large percentage of them are people that were either in the same class,the same year,or the one below. I'm even out for a pint with one of my mates from school tonight - we worked out recently we've known each other almost 25 years,and being going out for a regular ale every Saturday for at least 20 of them!

Frank Abel was Headteacher at the time - his deputy being Peter Salway (who I never really saw eye to eye with),then Stan "The Man" Duke , but during my time there , there were a lot of the names that have already been mentioned here plus a few others besides...

Roger Ray - Someone I wish I'd had time to thank for his support as my head of year throughout my time,an excellent teacher,and all round good man when off site (anybody who went to La Clusaz and Le Pradet will know) and only guy who thought having a 2CV was cool...

Iain Johnston - Never known a man who went ski-ing so many times a year!

Malcolm Rogers - Mr "Athletics" himself. The only qualified long jump official I can think of who teaches in Sheffield!

John Mee - Form tutor of a class that gave you an number of Ecgbert legends and a Top 40 recording artist (worked out who she is and who I am yet?)

David Wilson - Science?Fun?You bet your bottom dollar...

Ron Margetts - the only guy I know that quit teaching to go and play with Lego (literally! He got a job with them!)

Tom Smiles - Ask him about his love for Sunderland FC and you had no need to do History for the rest of the afternoon !

Peter Warburton - The man who made English Language that worthwhile I got an "A" in it for GCSE

Ted Croot - Old school Biology teacher but a top man to boot

Derek Bagguley/Geoff Bowers/Tony Adams - CDT legends! Do you remember Adams pride and joy - his immaculate Mk4 Ford Cortina?

John Wade - my mate used to go out with his daughter !

Derek B Spiers - affectionately known as "the Bad Young Brother" after the rapper of the same name in the late 80's.Bore a remarkable resemblance to the Skeleton in the Scotch Video Tape Adverts!

Plus John Applehoff,Derek Agar,Christine Flack,Mr Bowen,Mrs Withers,Miss Sara,Mrs Ferdinand,Mrs Fitzpatrick,Mrs Pass,Mrs Richardson,Mr Robson,Mr White (Spitfire),Mr Lancaster (Bomber)(which meant we had a Spitfire and a Lancaster at the same time!),Mr Goodwin,Mr Rouse,Mr Waller,Mr Hodgson,Mr Marsh,Miss Bari,Mrs Carlson,Mrs Beach,Mrs Harris,Mrs Plant,Mrs Lewis ...the list could go on and on....

You must have been there the same time as me!! 86 - 91 I was at Eggies. Mr Waller was my form tutor!!

Mr Marsh! That's the one. Always grinning & doing things with ticker tape...But who was the German teacher with the pencilled on eyebrows?

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Marsh ?

Where he is now ?

I`d like to know what he thinks of my website, I`m pretty sure he`d like it !

I actually heard today that Mr Smiles has retired....not sure when thou',

It seems that they were middle aged back then, but now Im 41 so they must be 60 odd now easily....wow how time flies :(

I went for 2 years in 97-99, and I think he was about 55 then x

I started at King Ecgberts in 1978 and left in 1984... feeling old :(

The upper and lower schools nothing better than masses of kids going from one school to the next sometimes three times a day!

Mr Huntingdon are you still out there - Technical Drawing

Miss McDowell who became Mrs Mackenzie the French teacher, if you are reading this I did aspire to something... I successfully run my own business and speak 3 languages one of which isn't French!

I went there 1970 time I had lived in New Zealand and went to a military school before going there the place was a breeze for me compared to what I had to put up with before,I was in Mr Butlers class he was a Billy Bunter look alike nice guy though, the headmaster at the time was called Mr Cartwright he hated me as I was always in trouble, I can remember a few of the teachers then Mr Solway Mr Gumersall little fellow who took sports class and Mr Bagley, the headmistress was called Miss Rawlings then, there was this nasty teacher there who took the wood work class called Mr Adams he was a real ****,there was also this very sexy teacher there that I used to fancy called Miss berry she was one of the very few teachers there that seemed to like me, she took art class and I have always been very good at art and drawing, I ended up being asked to leave {expelled} due to my not so good behavior,the main reason was taking Mr Cartwrights podium to bits,he had this podium that was made for him in the schools wood work class,he would stand there in assembly spouting off and banging his fist on it every morning, so I decided to undo the screws on the top of it,what a laugh, he came up to it put his books down just as he started yabbering on and the top fell off the thing,he led a gestapo type inquiry into it till he found out it was me and never let me back to school after that, some of the class mates I can remember Noel Wilson, Kirk Biggins,Mick Badger,John Depleadge,Roy Pyecroft,Palty Daily,Andy Smith, all good lads wonder what happened to them all.

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Marsh ?

Where he is now ?

I`d like to know what he thinks of my website, I`m pretty sure he`d like it !

Mr Marsh (aka Johnny Ball) the man was a legend, took me to a new level in Physics Jean Luc Pickard would be proud of without actually realising it, if you are reading this a big THANK YOU

Mr Agar Geography legend with that big old Princess he used to drive and frequently crash as he'd been to the pub prior to a lesson

Mrs Carson the History teacher anyone remember her.... sheds load of makeup, looked rather vintage when I was there 78-84, not a nice person and the reason I dropped History after the third year

Mr Bagley, Woodwork with the brown lab coat

Mr Adams the scary Motor vehicle technology teacher with the god awful checked jackets and the slicked back hair

Mr Salway obviously went to the same tailor as Mr Adams, come to think of it he was scary too, someone informed me he was a Chemistry teacher in a previous life and was part of the famous 'Chemistry twins' with Mr 'You boy' Spires

Mr Cartright aka Ben, always a bit wary of him however he stuck by me after an incident in the 5th form which involved the other party not taking his exams talking of which anyone remember Paul Castleton???

There was a really fit young English teacher there during my time with blonde hair any ideas?? can't remember her name

I left in '84 having stayed on at 6th form-waste of time really as didn't go on to university. I married another ex-pupil from 2 years above called Paul ( nickname Shrimp). I don't remember him at all from school as I don't think he went much ( his last report said "presumed left")!!! The teachers I remember the best are Mr Smiles(History), Mr Agar(Geography),Mr Murphy,Mr Marsh, Mrs Neal, Mr Bowen, Mrs Barr (hated her as she was such a bitch - made you stand up on the table and speak French),Mrs Lewis (French) Mrs Carlson was my first form teacher, I was in S. Think it was for SCARY. I remember the other forms were ;L,G,H,E,M,O and X-think I've got that right. Remember John Wade's different coloured eyes but I don't remember any Latin.

My daughter is now a pupil there and some of the teachers are still there Smiles, Applehoff,Mrs Bowen,Mr Lancaster, Mr Agar retired last year and Mr Bowen this year ( I think). She loves most of her teachers and is doing so much better than me or my ex- husband ever did. Enjoyed 6th form best of all- managed to gain a bit of confidence by then!

You left the year I left, I stayed in the 6th form for a year and binned it for the same reason. Do you remember James Cooke, Craig Needham, Ritchie Cill to name but three?