Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

Name rings a bell what year was Martyn at Ecgberts?

he would have been 35 last sept, martyn passed away 31/1/06 age 34 from cancer did you know him?

I am beginning to remember some of my classmates. Memory a bit erratic now being a senior. They were Elizabeth Harrison, Helen Wilkinson, Sandra Bonnet, Elaine Jones Will keep thinking!

It was an all girls school then and there were strict rules on how to wear our uniform and how to behave.

Ah yes, I remember girl friends wearing white ankle socks. Happy days!

i didn't go to this school but my next door neighbour is a good friend of miss coates and i have seen some lovely photos of her 100th birthday party , she looks wonderful for her age. i will pass on your best wishes if you like . ps.

my partner went to this school he left in 1979.

does anyone remember adrian pearson or timothy twigg left around 1979 ?

I went, was there in the days of Mr Appelhoff, Mr Cowen, Mrs White, that scary one who taught business studies who looked like Kenny Rogers.......

Woohoo!

I was there between 1971 and 1978. Wonderful to remember these old names again! I remember Mrs Frankish who used to teach English. I also had a HUGE crush on Mr Nuttall who taught English at the time. I remenber Mr Seeds and Mr plant I think it was who tought Biology. Mr White, Mt Cartwright, Mr Appelhoff and....... Mr White. He thought French I think! Mr Salway just scared me to bits. Miss Rawlings who was lovely but I always got the feeling she should have been at home knitting. Miss Groves and Mrs Garrison PE teachers. The was a really...no...REALLY enthusiastic music teacher but I can't remember her name......

What a lovely turn of phrase about the headmistress - couldn't have agreed more! The school would have been much better with 'Ben' at the helm. I think the music teacher escaping your memory is Jackie Williams. Carol Grove was the PE mistress who was joined by Elaine Wrigley. I am surprised John Wade wasn't mentioned along with Harry Butler. Any more?

Yes! Harry Butler! Thank you and John Wade. How could I forget.......slow senility setting in I think. For some reason I also remember Mrs Porteous but I don't know what she taught. Mrs Berry who taught art, and married another art teacher.....Mr Shaw I think....

Dave Shaw married June Berry and along with John Martin, we were all re-united at High Storrs circa 1980! John Wade, a former pupil of HS.

Mrs Porteous taught Maths with Flo Smith, John Mee, Roger Ray, Miss Griffiths, my kindred spirit Mr.Watson - what jolly band! Apologies, I've just forgotten Judith Chesterton. Any more departments?

You didn't by any chance go on any of Ian Johnston's skiing trips at Christmas did you? He was a golfing pal of mine.

No, I remember a couple of mates went on one of the skiing trips, and I was incredibly jealous!! A jolly good time was had by all acccounts. John Mee...now there's an image. I remember him as being very intense, serious, but he got me through my maths o'level when I was pretty much a lost cause at the time! Mr Watson! Yes! I liked him. There was also a teacher who was affectionately nicknamed catweazle but I can't remember his real name. Also another who taught me english in his own time after school, isn't it awful but his name escapes me. He had long curly hair and looked a little like Martin Shaw from "The Professionals".