Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

Maybe anyone who has contact with the teachers mentioned could suggest to them that they should visit the sheffield forum so we can all catch up with each other ? i wonder if teachers actually remember their ex pupils? i suppose they can't forget some lol

I dont think that Mr Smiles is an internet user :hihi:

He is perfect in every way except for using computers.

I was a teacher at Ecgbert's if that helps

please don't tell me you are Mrs Barr ???*blush* what years did you teach there ? And do you keep in touch with any of the above mentioned teachers?

I went there from 78 to 80 Mrs Rawlings was head, Mrs Perry and Mr Salway head of lower Mr Cartwright and Merrills head of upper. Mr Rodgers form teacher i also remember Mr Nutall Mr Shaw (biology) Mrs Plumtree, Mrs Garrison, Mr lee, Mr Smiles my history teacher

i left in '84. i remember ...Mrs Carlson - history teacher , Mr Smiles -RE. Miss plumtree- PE, Mr Applehoff- Maths. Mr Bowen - Geography, Mr Nuttall - head of Isolation unit ( not sure whether he actually taught any particular subject)Mrs Barr and Mrs Lewis both taught French if i remember correctly. Great days, i just didn't appreciate it at the time .

guess we were there about the same time, what was the name of the chemistry teacher (bald head if i remember correstly)? :huh: Saw Mrs Carlson :rant: in the supermarket recently, she looks v well but still puts the fear of god in me!!!

You will have been in the same year as my brother.If I remember right our RE teacher went on to marry a pupil out of your year,and Mrs Barr was going out with the geography teacher (his name has slipped my mind)

Not sure about Mrs Barr but you are right about the Re teacher

Littlepink is that you?

Not sure about Mrs Barr but you are right about the Re teacher

Littlepink is that you?

i'm not sure i understand the question..........is what me ?

guess we were there about the same time, what was the name of the chemistry teacher (bald head if i remember correstly)? :huh: Saw Mrs Carlson :rant: in the supermarket recently, she looks v well but still puts the fear of god in me!!!

can't remember chemistry teacher at all .i am sure it was Mr solway that took us for chemistry and i know he wasn't bald at the time . Mrs Carlson didn't scare me ( but then i was a bit of a rebel ) i just got the impression she didn't like kids , a bit strange really being a teacher !

Mr Spires

("Hey you boy..................." etc)

I went there in 1958. It was lovely to read that Miss Coates had celebrated her 100th. I think my form teacher was Miss Coles. It was an all girls school then and there were strict rules on how to wear our uniform and how to behave. The school sent us for our first job interviews.

did any of you know martyn wall?